Page 122 of 389 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132172222 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Organizing my stuff, got a nice Plano brand "Sportsman's Chest" at bass pro last week, it's not quite a trunk, and a little heavier duty than the trunk style boxes they make. It hold my loaded up plate carrier, mine and wife's range gear bag, and my pistol belt/first line rig, my level IIa vest fits inside as well. Minus ammo, and a rifle or rifle(s) this is pretty much gonna be my range/training box, I can selectively grab the range bag, for pistol shooting range days, or I can grab the whole thing for when I actually get someone to go with me to the super cool tactical training facility my wife bought me a membership for. My shooting buddy that is an actual trainer is working in Mozambique until Oct. so I don't get to go do fun run and gun shooting much without him. I finished my first kydex holster for my 92a1, it's pretty good, the jury is still out on the cant I made it with, but I can definitely conceal it if I need to, draw and fire exercises are in the near future for that one to make sure I'm happy with it. I made a beretta 21a kydex IWB the other day, and it ended up not having quite enough shield for IWB carry, the safety bites me, so I'll be screwing that one under the dash in my truck and making a new one.

This week: rotate more food, load newly acquired 2 1/2 gallon buckets, shoot, more ammo, test new holster(s), re-sort and re-pack GHB, finish baby boy's 3 day baby BOB/tactical diaper bag.
    Last edited by ak474u; 09-11-2012 at 05:24 AM.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

Administrator

Signed up for a motorcycle safety class. I won't be getting a bike (General's orders) but I figured knowing how to ride a bike would be useful in a SHTF scenario If I found a bike to use. Much more mobile than a vehicle.

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

192 rolls of TP.
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

Do you have change for a canned bacon?

Re: What have you done to prep this week?

Speaking of TP, I just sealed up a 55 gal drum of it...
    I put in some range time in with the 9mm AR. I really do enjoy that Slide fire stock.
    They say that the cockroaches will be the last creature alive on this earth.
    I intend on being the last person alive still stomping cockroaches.

For the Love of Cats

How are those barrels working out for ya Alpha?
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Do you have change for a canned bacon?

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    How are those barrels working out for ya Alpha?
    I really did like the idea of the straps hanging from the rafters, but I ended up going with the heavy duty metal shelves with 6 barrels of water (2 wide X 3 high}
    My TP barrels are open top 55 gal plastic.
    All are working out most excellently. I dont plan on moving the water barrels, but the TP is pretty easy to move. Probably not much over 125#/barrel
    Here is the rack with the top two barrels on it.

The TP barrels just sit on the floor in fron of the water barrel rack.
    Yea, I cleaned up most of the junk since the pic was taken.
    Last edited by AlphaTea; 09-12-2012 at 08:10 PM.
    They say that the cockroaches will be the last creature alive on this earth.
    I intend on being the last person alive still stomping cockroaches.

Where's the epi?

Suckied 100 lbs of sugar (which came out to about 208 cups), 30 lbs of dog food and 30 lbs of cat food today. Everything hurts but due to circumstances going on I think I'll get going on all the chicken and pork I have frozen waiting to get canned.
    I apologize for nothing...

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

Quote Originally Posted by ladyhk13 View Post
    Suckied 100 lbs of sugar (which came out to about 208 cups), 30 lbs of dog food and 30 lbs of cat food today. Everything hurts but due to circumstances going on I think I'll get going on all the chicken and pork I have frozen waiting to get canned.
    It won't matter how much sugar you put on the dog/cat food....I bet it will still taste like crap. (LOL)
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

Where's the epi?

Maybe that depends upon how much blackberry vodka and wine you drank first and if you sat in a box?
    I apologize for nothing...

A laugh a minute
    Quote Originally Posted by LUNCHBOX View Post
    It won't matter how much sugar you put on the dog/cat food....I bet it will still taste like crap. (LOL)
    If she adds the chicken and pork with it, it will be a stew, might taste good then. That is if she drinks more blackberry vodka. Or maybe you have to drink that to make it taste good. Who knows?
    I am me,
    I am free,
    You can not change me.

If you try, you will see,
    That I am unchangeable,
    Because I am me.