Page 182 of 389 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184192232282 ... LastLast
Results 1,811 to 1,820 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Spending the day cleaning out 5 gallon jerry cans I got from the unit from that last salvage op.
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

A laugh a minute
    Got a new bigger generator, mowed for the first time this year. Had 10 trees cut, 2 of the building projects are almost finished .
    I am me,
    I am free,
    You can not change me.

If you try, you will see,
    That I am unchangeable,
    Because I am me.

Finally got the trees that blew down last week cut up and corded out. Now all I have to do is start a small fire to get rid of the smallest branches.
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

prepguide
    Was a vendor at the Self Reliance Expo in Arlington TX over the weekend and then spent some time with some friends down there. Took her to the range for some pistol work and she did really well. Show went well, very well attended and much to see. Got home last night and it feels good.
    Last edited by prepguide; 05-02-2013 at 06:12 PM.

A laugh a minute
    BIL and SIL have been having a cottage and a Quonset Hut metal building build since the 1st of April and the contractor is still not done. They were told each place would take no longer than 2 weeks. What the hell is it in our area that people are not true to their word and full of BS? We have had the worst luck with finding honest trust worthy contractors. A agreed quote is set, signed and sealed for completion, then not working full days, wanting to charge for lost time and it is not due to weather. If we knew ahead of time this area is full of dishonest people we would of never bought land here. So word of caution to anyone who is looking for land to buy, check out the laws for building and the way people talk to you, check for companies that say they are licensed with the state, and BBB. then ask for addresses of places they have built, so you can check them out and talk to the people to see if they were happy with the company.
    I am me,
    I am free,
    You can not change me.

If you try, you will see,
    That I am unchangeable,
    Because I am me.

For the Love of Cats

I'm scrounging up every nickle and dime I can for hopefully a fruitfull shopping spree at Cabelas next week. I have a few things on 'the list', and see what else strikes my fancy!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Drug testing for new job (I studied all weekend), and signing offer letter today. Best base salary I've ever had, and close to the best commission structure. It's a BIG insulation company, and I'm the first guy they've hired in 2 years in DFW. Nobody quits, which tells me it's a keeper because salespeople generally follow the money in my experience. Also signed an offer for a new house this morning, so I'm crossing my fingers we'll get it. It's a multiple offer situation, but I'm $6500 OVER what they listed it for. .28 acre lot, 3/2 built in work/reloading benches, immaculately maintained, not the middle of nowhere, but you can smell it from there. Can I tell you how hard it is going to be to live 2 miles from cheaper than dirt and still be boycotting them? Can't afford anything they have at their prices, so it'll be easy, but don't think I won't waste their time to look at the guns. Lol
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

Congrats on the new job AK47! Thats awesome as well as the new house, totally cool!

Myself, Ive got a bunch of tomato seedlings that finally sprouted!
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,

Bacon saver

Quote Originally Posted by Taz Baby View Post
    BIL and SIL have been having a cottage and a Quonset Hut metal building build since the 1st of April and the contractor is still not done. They were told each place would take no longer than 2 weeks. What the hell is it in our area that people are not true to their word and full of BS? We have had the worst luck with finding honest trust worthy contractors. A agreed quote is set, signed and sealed for completion, then not working full days, wanting to charge for lost time and it is not due to weather. If we knew ahead of time this area is full of dishonest people we would of never bought land here. So word of caution to anyone who is looking for land to buy, check out the laws for building and the way people talk to you, check for companies that say they are licensed with the state, and BBB. then ask for addresses of places they have built, so you can check them out and talk to the people to see if they were happy with the company.
    Excellent advice Taz, take it from those who have had the experiences. I hate that we have had the bad ones to learn them by. Buying land, hiring contractors, buying a product, there is no such thing as an honest person pretty much anywhere you go. We are still in the middle of our law suit and we'll keep ya posted.

But staying on topic, I did pick up 2 more sleeping bags of lighter weight for the summer months, another 5gl water storage container. Always raid the gun cleaning patches at walmart. A little here a little there. We have a butt ton of little apples popping already in the orchard so as long as we don't have a late freeze "global warming, climate change, freak tornadic activity, hurricane, or I mow them down with the bulldozer. We'll have alot of canning to do this year, spray, spray, spray................
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

I'll most likely shit myself

BWRR what type spray do you use on the apples? Ours bloomed this year and Im seeing a bunch of littlle ones forming up. Plus cherries galore, blueberries in full bloom, maybe even a few peaches finally.