Page 7 of 389 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

had garage sale last weekend. go t rid of some junk.
    then went and bought a 91-30 and some ammo. I am planning on caching it

The hot sexy one

Converted my packs for summer, bought a backpacking fishing rod/reel..........

Claptrap's Problem Solver

Had hurricane shutters installed
    Began process of reorganizing static supplies on main supply shelf
    Built a small retaining wall to shore up the earth near the foundation of the house
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

Resident Seafood Procurement Officer

May have a new bugout plan. Details will be forthcoming as it develops.

I'll most likely shit myself

Been tryin to get everything settled with the chickens. Putting together initial plan for the coop to be built before long.
    Workin in the garden trying to keep weeds down and get mulch out as I can. that'll help with water conservation and to keep the weeds down.
    Had to take the wife to nashville airport, we did a little antiquing yesterday. found a good deal on several quarters, both barbers and washingtons, some barber halves, and a mogan dollar. No steals but decent prices.

Crotch Rocket

Its been a slow week for me, but I did get out shooting, and decided a Remington 740 I've been working on will get offloaded. It was nasty dirty when I bought it, and has never fired consistently, even after several hours and some intensive cleaning.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

The source of all known trouble in the universe

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Had hurricane shutters installed
    Began process of reorganizing static supplies on main supply shelf
    Built a small retaining wall to shore up the earth near the foundation of the house
    I have a new BOL!!

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Added 2 36"Wx18"Deepx72" wire shelves to the storage areas, one is strictly food, and frees up the actual pantry of preps other than canned goods in regular rotation, which makes it easier for wife and I to assess what we have, and actually eat it before it goes bad, this is gonna make groceries go farther for us, because things won't get re-bought because we couldn't see it in our dark, narrow pantry. The other is in a walk-in closet, and opens up a ton of space for things that have otherwise been on the closet floor, and vulberable to little hands messing with them, 2 or 3 of the five shelves will be used for gear storage and the rest is baby stuff that currently takes up a much more convenient closet closer to our main living area, that one is shelved up too, we have too much crap.

By the way, Target had these shelves for $34.00 best deal I've seen in a while on wire shelving. They're not industrial grade, but I loaded the heck out of them, and they seem to be fine. I'd call them medium duty.

Has been known to look at Izzy's trunk. Stares at the junk in Izzy's trunk. Get it...he's checking out Izzy's trunk.

Went to bass pro yesterday and bought me a Jetboil Flash Cooking System. Been wanting one for awhile and finally pulled the trigger on it.
    “The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.” ~ G.K. Chesterton

I'll most likely shit myself

Went to SAMS this am and stocked food supplies, TP, and some OTC meds.