Page 167 of 389 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169177217267 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

IR laser for my Pistol....

The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

^ Karma?

- - - Updated - - -

JK, Stormy. I am inventorying preps on a Saturday night. Kinda what grumpy old men do! Maybe that's what makes them grumpy!
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

A laugh a minute
    Buying up the railroad ties. We found a place that sells railroad ties for $5 a piece.
    I am me,
    I am free,
    You can not change me.

If you try, you will see,
    That I am unchangeable,
    Because I am me.

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

Quote Originally Posted by Taz Baby View Post
    Buying up the railroad ties. We found a place that sells railroad ties for $5 a piece.
    New or used?....Around here I've got old ties for free.
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

A laugh a minute
    They are used.
    I am me,
    I am free,
    You can not change me.

If you try, you will see,
    That I am unchangeable,
    Because I am me.

Crotch Rocket

Networking paid off a bit today. I took possession of 3 free text books today that I'll be going through for different things:

Clinical Procedures for Medical Assistants, Principles of Environmental Science, and Integrated Science
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

I'll most likely shit myself

I spent all day yesterday and about half of today putting up a 6x6x2' rack for organizing my storage in the basement. I still have lots to do down there, but this was an excellent first step. I also sorted out some plastic nims with electronics, plumbing, electrical, and small metal parts and stored in a repurposed cabinet. Also got a good inventory count on our canning jars.

We got a window replaced in the shed. Makes a big difference. This week we need to finish the trim around the edge. Also did some general sorting/organizing.

I wont lie, cabin fever is setting in. This time of year I am just about to the end of my rope. Its been cold here, unseasonably so. I am ready for winter to be over.

Not a whole lot of big prepping going on. Looking at doing some gravel work on the driveway this coming week. Good times!
    "Treason to tyranny is fidelity to liberty."

Premium Member
    Since we recently moved during the holidays and many of our preps were still packed up, Songbird and I spent the weekend re-inventorying our short and midterm food storage and setting up a new supply room. We boxed up all near "out of date" items to go to local food bank and started restocking with fresher items. This was a very productive project, as we found items we had forgotten about and were heavy in some areas..... "out of sight, out of mind" got us. Next I'll start on other supplies and redo GHBs and BOBs.
    Don't wrestle with pigs; you'll get all muddy and the pigs will love it!

My wife has started taking a bee keeping class. The hives and foundations have arrived. We are just waiting for april to get the bees.