Page 175 of 389 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177185225275 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Walking on Sunshine

SIL says they are easy to use Cn't wait till I get mine up and running

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Step 1- plug them in. . .
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

prepguide
    Did my quarterly top to bottom inventory. Earliest in the quarter I've ever done it but in light of all the craziness going on around the globe seemed liked a good time to do it. Edited my spread sheet to reflect the current totals and updated my buying list as well based on what I have now. Overall in good shape but as always there are some things that I wouldn't mind having more of.

Those tomahawk sheaths are the shiz.

Today I installed a heavy duty shelving unit in the spare bedroom closet for better organizing preps, an extra shelf in the existing pantry for more canned goods, did a full inventory & put back another 5 gallons of H20.

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

Helped Kodiak build a chicken coop....and gave him his first 2 chickens.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

A laugh a minute
    Spent the weekend with a contractor about building our house and putting up our metal building. He starts tomorrow on the metal building. we needed to use the pressure washer to wash off our concrete slab and found out that it would not work from our water tank because there was not enough pressure. So we went to crank the genny and nothing, it wouldn't crank. The guys worked on it for about 2 hrs, then said %$#@#$ and got the old one that never failed, well it did fail this time. So today both genny's go to the repair shop. We got our 4 wheeler serviced last week and have it back. started putting in drain lines in around where needed to drain water run off. Saw our first snake of this year,, a black snake sitting on a tree branch that SIL almost grabbed. (that's why we saw it) found a old fence line that we didn't know existed and maybe a spring too. Have to check that out. And to top off the weekend, throwing out the deer corn we now have a Tom and Hen wild turkey coming in everyday waiting on the corn.
    I am me,
    I am free,
    You can not change me.

If you try, you will see,
    That I am unchangeable,
    Because I am me.

I'll most likely shit myself

I spent the weekend hiking with a bunch of out of state friends and family to Mt LeConte. Great weather this year and only some patches of ice on the trail. One of them was a bitch, bought 100 yards long with a rock wall up one side and a 2-300' drop on the other. That made for an interesting few minutes.

Another plus, Found out one of my BIL is much more of a prepper than I realized. Had a good talk with him and discussed issues and supplies. His son, who has moved to Georgia and I have already been working on plans should crap go south. Good to know the dad is working it although 600+ miles away. Makes me feel a little better for next time we go up that way.
    Last edited by izzyscout21; 05-03-2013 at 03:54 AM.

CC Gray Panther
    Dressed out and froze 9 chickens Monday ; they were almost 3 yrs. old so they'll get cooked slow and canned.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

I got 11 roosters to kill and can today, and also canned 10 lbs of hamburger meat. Going to be canning a lot more hamburger meat in the future.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

I did a little canning this past weekend also. total of 14 jars (not qt size) of grd beef and then beef tips. took almost all day, but the pantry is stocking up really well! my next load will be chicken.