Quote Originally Posted by realist View Post
Finished sorting my final bucket of brass, another 250 lbs to the recycler. If nothing else I got about 10,000 45s out of it.

Planted our garden, or at least some of it. In the past we would wait for good weather and plant seeds. Well this year we are actually doing it correctly. We planted tomatoes, beans, squash, carrots and melons last month in pots, it worked!!!!! This way we are not at the mercy of nursery or big box stores. We purchased all our seeds from a local seed bank which had a huge variety of seeds. I think we have about seven different types of tomatoes alone. With all the new soil in we should get some great vegetables.

We also top dressed our asparagus with fresh soil, I can't wait till next year when we begin to harvest it. In looking at this as well as our potatoes these are the things which will keep producing even if we do not plant a garden. I call it our reserve pantry.

Tried out my new Eagles Nest hammock camping last week. It worked great however I think I am get the extra wide just for more comfort. Also since it can get quite cool even during the summers I think I will pick up an under quilt too. The nice thing about this system is it is more compact than my sleeping bag and tent.

if you can get some well heeled manure that asparagus can use a few feeding every season - it's quite the chow hound feeder