Page 202 of 389 FirstFirst ... 102152192200201202203204212252302 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,020 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo2 View Post
    A dab will numb your whole mouth for a couple minutes....it will stop the heart of a squirrel....
    I love learning new things! This is awesome!
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Lesson learned.

Wife called me today to tell me her ac was not blowing cold, and was cutting out frequently on the way home from work (103* here today). When she got home, I noticed the serpentine belt was in good order, so not the belt. The blower wouldn't kick on at all, so.... 5 minutes on YouTube, and I found a model specific video for her car with the same issue. 5 minutes after that, I had a slightly melted fan motor resistor in my hand and was on the way to the auto parts store. The car isn't new, and has been pretty well maintained, but little things get ignored due to our schedules. This was caused by a clogged, disgusting cabin filter that had starved the heat sinks on the resistor from airflow. So, lesson learned, don't neglect anything. I was able to fix it quickly, but what if the parts store is a smoking pile of ashes?
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

Walking on Sunshine

You are lucky.Went to Atlanta last month to visit son and grandkids(his month) before I had to return to drs for work clearance. My air conked out, son1 got his mechanic to look at it, thought freon needed to be charged up. No had to replace whole compressor due to small part clogging that couldn't be replaced. It was welded to the compressor, a manufacturer design flaw. At least his mechanic was able to get us back on road the day we brought car in.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Finally!! My chickens started layin'.

omelets for breakfast!
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Where's the epi?

Quote Originally Posted by izzyscout21 View Post
    Finally!! My chickens started layin'.

omelets for breakfast!

Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I want chickens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pls talk to your buddy! I'll love ya forever and feed you every time you come down.....pls!
    I apologize for nothing...

Where's the epi?

Picked the ripe hot banana peppers and canned them. Added a chinese pepper in each jar for an added kick!

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

I did a jar of hot vinegar pickled jalapeƱos last week... Didn't have a lot of peppers left after a salsa project, but I did what my grand dad used to do just to see how they turn out. Boil vinegar, pickling salt, black pepper corns, pour into 3/4 full jar, wait 3 weeks.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

I'll most likely shit myself

We picked 5 gallons of Concord grapes Monday. The wife got 3 quarts of juice off them today. We still have about 1/4 of the row to pick. And will get another picking from them in another week or two. Man the hose smelled good this evening when I got home. Gonna make jelly when we get the rest picked and processed. I also picked up 4 48'x16' hog panels that I'm gonna use to make arbors for our grapes this fall/winter. I just need to get some 8' fence post and some 2x4 and 4x4 to build the frame with.
    Okra is coming in big time. The wife picked and put up 3 quarts on Monday and got another 2 quarts today. We are starting to wind down on Blueberries and are just eating on them now.

Crotch Rocket

ugh... car repairs. I got lucky last week with that. I had a coolant hose blow on my way home from work, and got lucky it didn't do any major damage, especially with overheating three times trying to get it home. It turned out somebody had done some work on it prior to be buying the car and never clamped it down, but we couldn't find it until after I could get the radiator cap off and refill the coolant (was being a pita for some reason.) A 5 minute, no cost fix beyond needing to recharge my coolant before winter.

This week I started working on a mod to my drop leg holster to add a QD buckle. I just need to sew a strap in a loop on one end and that'll be done.

The garden is a major part of my life now. We just stuffed 30 peppers picked from it on Monday, and used tomatoe's/ sauce from last year! Yay!

My next biggest endeavor is getting back into college. I'll be able to get an associate's degree at or near the same time I get all my consumer debt paid off, and it'll open a world of opportunity for me. Gotta do it too, I think. Detroit's still sinking and my job may not last much longer. Means I'm already looking for another job to fall back on too. I'll work it part time for extra income until/ unless my main job goes. I'm struggling to find ways to stay awake and occupied on my off nights, working is a good way to do that! lol

Lots to do. Not enough time or money to do it!
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Where's the epi?

Been missing ya MTR...thought ya forgot about us. Still waiting for you to come on down buddy! Hurry up and get edumacated already