Page 372 of 389 FirstFirst ... 272322362370371372373374382 ... LastLast
Results 3,711 to 3,720 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaTea View Post
    Wifey just reminded me that we recently saw white Gamma Seal lids in our local Lowes. The price was $7.28 each.
    THAT is cheaper than just about every where else.

you don't have the Menards chain out East - but they started carrying both the Gamma lids and certified food grade buckets - big sellers for them ....

Quote Originally Posted by Kesephist View Post
    Got a local source... not THE cheapest per unit, but I can pick them up, and reduce shipping worries. And while it does sound as though a sound notion in execution, I'm going with anything that needs sealing will be gamma'ed, in case I can't find a bucket wrench. (Got three of the damn things floating around.)

96 aawu

Kesephist

KI7CIL

if you need to get into a long term storage bucket - good chance a serious SHTF is afoot - last thing to worry about is a bucket lid lifter - that's what a hatchet is for ....

may be in trouble

Got a local source... not THE cheapest per unit, but I can pick them up, and reduce shipping worries. And while it does sound as though a sound notion in execution, I'm going with anything that needs sealing will be gamma'ed, in case I can't find a bucket wrench. (Got three of the damn things floating around.)

96 aawu

Kesephist

KI7CIL
    Quote Originally Posted by "Illini Warrior'
    if you need to get into a long term storage bucket - good chance a serious SHTF is afoot - last thing to worry about is a bucket lid lifter - that's what a hatchet is for ....
    Hatchet, machete, and 14" channel lock pliers, all in the kit

95 aawu

Kesephist

KI7CIL.

I have still yet to grow a brain
    Started to make Mead in the most Natural of manors as possible. Got 2 (1) gallon jugs brewing. Gotta love having some home made brew on hand and the knowledge of how to get more!
    The tallest oak in the forest was once just a nut who held its ground.

Be decisive. Right or Wrong, make a decision. The road of life is paved with flat squirrels who could not make a decision.

I'll most likely shit myself

How about a thread for that Vodin? I'd love to hear what you have went and done!

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Scored some hypothermia kits from a medic group, think pocket warmers, but human sized!
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

Bacon saver

Quote Originally Posted by Stormfeather View Post
    Scored some hypothermia kits from a medic group, think pocket warmers, but human sized!
    I like body mittens.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Active shooter class tomorrow, 1st of a series for my church safety team, we already did the bleeding response course, tomorrow is pistol training, I'm going for the trigger time, about 8 of the other 13-14 guys are needing the training. I expect to learn something, the guys running the course are a 27 year green beret and an AF SP (both members of the safety team)
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

Bought a large box of these Granola Bars. I want to replace them in the Tupperware containers in my various vehicles.

IN these Tupperware containers is a kit...flashlight, knife, fire starting kit...lighter...antiseptic ointment et al....etc..but the granola bars in there are over a years olde.

I have no idea how long one can keep those granola bars but figured it was time to replace it...in each of my three vehicles.

Thanks,
    Orangetom

Quote Originally Posted by orangetom1999 View Post
    Bought a large box of these Granola Bars. I want to replace them in the Tupperware containers in my various vehicles.

IN these Tupperware containers is a kit...flashlight, knife, fire starting kit...lighter...antiseptic ointment et al....etc..but the granola bars in there are over a years olde.

I have no idea how long one can keep those granola bars but figured it was time to replace it...in each of my three vehicles.

Thanks,
    Orangetom

the energy bars store better - best of all are the lifeboat rations - 10 years plus under even the most adverse storage conditions ....