Page 364 of 389 FirstFirst ... 264314354362363364365366374 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,640 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

I'll most likely shit myself

We had some cherries for a while, one tree produced loads then they all died off. Never did figure what went wrong. They are on the list to replace as well.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    We had some cherries for a while, one tree produced loads then they all died off. Never did figure what went wrong. They are on the list to replace as well.
    Nanking are tiny sour cherries, this is year 3 and they're just producing because we cheaped out and bought tiny ones to start with.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Quote Originally Posted by ak474u View Post
    Planted 28 mater plants, and 16 pepper plants today. Focusing on buckets right now because I'm gonna reconfigure my raised beds. I've got most buckets that I started last year planted, (50 or so) I have room in the bucket corral, which looks like a raised bed with cedar walls for about 85 buckets, so more buckets are in my future. Last week we planted 2 more honey berries, 3 more loganberries, 3 more raspberries, 1 more Viking aronia, 1 more goji, 4 more sweet Basil.

And..... the garden just got the snot beat out of it by a monster hail storm. My new gutters, and freshly stained fence, and probably my roof are damaged. No water in the house (yet). We have a second wave coming tonite, hoping it goes north a little.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

That sucks real bad. Slight risk we get some tonight.

We had a bad one in 2011. Trashed 2 cars, garden, bunch of trees, and the roof, siding, gutters on the house. Roof on the camper. Hail is bad news. Go9d luck.

Claims to have NEVER worn pink. Likely story.

I just finished the preliminary setup this week for a rooftop sprinkler system right in time for fire season. Works off of both the well irrigation system, as well as the houses city water supply.
    It is, of course, obvious that speed, or height of fall, is not in itself injurious ... but a high rate of change of velocity, such as occurs after a 10 story fall onto concrete, is another matter.

For the Love of Cats

and so... everything perennial has been blooming beautifully... and today we had 6" of snow...

band head here...
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    and so... everything perennial has been blooming beautifully... and today we had 6" of snow...

band head here...
    Everything perennial has been blooming beautifully here in Tennessee also...and today it was 75 degrees...huh!
    "Teach the children quietly
    For someday sons and daughters
    Will rise up and fight while we stood still"

I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    Don't know if I mentioned it earlier, but I purchased a used 1974 Chevy Class C RV late last year...I know, I know, I'm a Ford man. It has a 350 moter, with only 10,000 miles on it. It's seen better days, and has had some serious water damage to the camper.
    I'm gutting the insides, and redoing the entire roof, some of the side walls, and redesigning the layout of the camper. It had a twin bed, but I'm changing it to a queen, moving the bathroom, complete rewiring and plumbing throughout, putting in a new propane instant hot water heater, taking out the kitchen stove, (who ever uses the oven in one of these things), putting in a new 2 eye burner, new microwave, reuse the sink, and move the kitchen up front. The Ginny needs some work also, but I'm also converting it for solar power and running some serious battery power. I'll post pics as I start to redo the new stuff. Still doing the demo, and seeing what needs to be replaced first. They wanted $2500, but I paid $1800...I may have overpaid.
    "Teach the children quietly
    For someday sons and daughters
    Will rise up and fight while we stood still"

I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.

For the Love of Cats

looking forward to the reno thread!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

That sounds interesting Dome. Look forward to what you come up with. If the drive train is good, and at 10k it should be, you got your money's worth.

I planted 2 more PawPaws tonight. I also have blackberries, some more apples blooming. Most of my blueberries have small berries under the blooms. Taters, onions, and cabbage all looks great. Need to work the taters and onions real well and fertilize them. We had almost 3" of rain this weekend and expect more tomorrow. hopefully it will dry up enough to work this weekend.