Page 351 of 389 FirstFirst ... 251301341349350351352353361 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,510 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Walking on Sunshine

Dome
    Where can you buy a dryer for under $36k? I keep seeing them go for $36-$38 k. Supposedly the dryer will do 300-400 lbs of food a year.
    Thanks

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Katrina View Post
    Dome
    Where can you buy a dryer for under $36k? I keep seeing them go for $36-$38 k. Supposedly the dryer will do 300-400 lbs of food a year.
    Thanks
    Look up harvest right freeze dryers. I think they're 5-7k
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    Dome
    Thanks
    Sorry, by AK beat me to it. Harvest Right makes a small freeze dryer that sells for about $3000 plus shipping. I had a used I was going to buy, but the seller said her phone broke and couldn't get ahold of me, so they sold it to someone else. But I am still on the fence about buying a new one. Do some research, as there are plenty of videos on YouTube. You might also want to join the "Harvest Right home freeze dryers" group on Facebook. I hope this helps you out.
    "Teach the children quietly
    For someday sons and daughters
    Will rise up and fight while we stood still"

I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Fired about 120 rnds of my reloaded 223, came in at 2900fps and very accurate.
    Fired about 80 rnds of my reloaded 9mm, did good, speeds were about 1050 and consistant. Accurate up close.
    I am wondering if I should go to a target style JHP (for balance in flight, not for expansion), if that would help accuracy out to 25 yards.

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

Walking on Sunshine

I'm already on the site , found it about 6 months ago but the price on the models started at about $3,600.00 They did a contest to win one but I didn't win they did a contest to win 2k towards a new one but again I didn't win. Thanks guys

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    I'm already on the site , found it about 6 months ago but the price on the models started at about $3,600.00 They did a contest to win one but I didn't win they did a contest to win 2k towards a new one but again I didn't win. Thanks guys
    Katrina, right now they are on sale with $500 off and sell for $2995 plus tax and delivery...I didn't win either.
    "Teach the children quietly
    For someday sons and daughters
    Will rise up and fight while we stood still"

I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.

Do you have a robot?
    Finely got my 308 working, found out the forearm had warped putting pressure on the barrel. A little wood removed and a screw shortened and it is printing again.
    I am conducting an inventory of all my ammo. 30 cal ammo cans are your friend, they can only be filled with just so much ammo. 9mm 1000 rounds, 223 600 rounds, 45 500 rounds and 308 300 rounds. It is amazing how much room all those boxes took up.
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

Harvested gallons of elderberries to dehydrate, bought new rear sight, and took a marksmanship class

I'll most likely shit myself

Working my fool head off mostly. This time of year we are slammed with end of fiscal year stuff and this year have more projects underway than I can keep up with. I did find out today that I may not get forced into changing positions to another group in our division after all on Oct 3. Yea

Prep wise, picked up some 30-30 brass and ammo, cleaning supplies, some electric fence supplies for next summer to keep the turkey and deer out of my tomatos and melons. I didn't harvest much of anything from them this year.
    On the plus side we harvested over 3 bushels of onions. But I found out within a month that the red onion don't keep for crap. We ended up putting about 3/4 gallon cut up in the freezer. White onions kept a little better, but we are gonna freeze around a gallon of them. The yellow on the other hand are holding up nicely. We still have about a bushel or a little better and I think they will keep maybe thru fall.
    Our Okra has been kicking butt. Wife has frozen 4 gallons so far. We've been eating it regularly, and still gave away another gallon or two. Other than some routine picking for eating fresh, the rest is being left to go to seed.
    The jalapeno peppers have been killin it to. They are huge and great flavor. We've put up 2-3 gallons of those and have another gallon sitting on the table waiting to be worked and plenty more still on. Cayennes have done fair, but they are tiny and really hot. We always dry and grind them as needed.
    Acorn squash is starting to come in, we have pulled 4 already and have another 30-40 to go. Got as few small butter nuts as well as several cantalopes.
    Finally, we dug 1 row of potatos and got almost 2 bushels. The second row is about 15-20% longer so we should end up with 4-5 bushels all together.

Bacon saver

Quote Originally Posted by realist View Post
    Finely got my 308 working, found out the forearm had warped putting pressure on the barrel. A little wood removed and a screw shortened and it is printing again.
    I am conducting an inventory of all my ammo. 30 cal ammo cans are your friend, they can only be filled with just so much ammo. 9mm 1000 rounds, 223 600 rounds, 45 500 rounds and 308 300 rounds. It is amazing how much room all those boxes took up.
    Hey Brother, I'm sure you already know this but "freefloating" the barrel is what you are getting at. (harmonics)If you can wrap and slide a business card down the barrel (between) along the length of the forearm. You should be set by hand sanding, dremel tools can get away from some people and cause unwanted damage to your wood. It's a little time consuming but the rewards are obvious on the paper you print.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.