Page 258 of 389 FirstFirst ... 158208248256257258259260268308358 ... LastLast
Results 2,571 to 2,580 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

For the Love of Cats

If you toss a ripe banana in with the tomatoes, it'll help with the ripening process too.

http://www.ehow.co.uk/how_2086346_ri...to-banana.html
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Got the GS-1500 powder scale and 600 primers... 300 large pistol and 300 small pistol. Thats all the extra scratch I have for this paycheck...

Im getting excited at all this stuff coming together, cant wait to reload with a press!!

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

I'll most likely shit myself

For the maters, don't use aplles or bannannas unless you want them all ripe close together for canning. Going on their on, they are much more staggered for fresh eating. All depends on their use.

I have still yet to grow a brain
    Went to Sam's and picked up about 50 5 gallon buckets with lids for free. Every time I go now I visit the bakery and ask for 5 5 gallon buckets square or round with lids. They give me the food grade (used) buckets and I take them home and wash them out. Gonna plant plants and hang the buckets out on the porch. Got a bunch though more than what I will be needing for planting. It only costs your time and a smile

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Canned gold tomato salsa this afternoon, it's pretty tasty.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

Crotch Rocket

Canned 25 quarts of spaghetti sauce, got my indoor wood boxes filled, and otherwise just chilled on the edge of a field watching deer. I haven't had any come within range of my smooth bore shotgun yet, and my muzzleloader still needs to be zeroed. Only a week more until I'm resricted to it, so I need to get on that.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Made 20 quarts and 20 pints of boil and serve homemade 'instant' hamburger soups (gawd I love my dehydrator.) instant chicken soup is on the docket for the upcoming week. I wish I didn't lose my tomato plants this year or I would have thrown tomato soups into the mix as well.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Sold my Mosin and P320 tonight, turned part of the money over toward 9mm and 357/38 dies and a Perfect Powder measure, I also rolled the dice on some once fired brass, 300 .45 and 100 9mm... Rest of the money flops over to Xmas. I dont want anything for myself, Ive already bought Xmas and Im good with that.... I could tell someone exactly what I want and still get the wrong thing, so I usually just do my own and let wife and daughter get me a hoodie and socks or something.

If I can sell my 88 pump Ill put that toward a wet tumbler and SST media, that would be nice!

I think Ill have everything Ill need to reload once all the stuff arrives, other than more bullets Im good to go.

I think Im gonna chink off $50 of the cash on hand a get more primers and a new caliper, went back to my shop yesterday and the other jug of Power Pistol was gone, I was hoping to get it!!

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

I have still yet to grow a brain
    Picked up some used planting pots from a construction sit (Asked 1st and was given the OK), got 5 more 5 gallon pails from Sam's and picked up 2 Halloween bales of straw to use in the garden.

Do you have a robot?
    Well we got the pomegranate juice done. The first batch of six pints didn't jell soooooo when something like that happens we now have syrup for pancakes and ice cream.........or so I thought. Well it turns out it makes regular margaritas into pomegranate margaritas. Did you know you can make pomegranate martinis? Okay so back to the jelly, we ended up with 6 pints jars and 18 half pint jars. So things turned out real well an it tastes great.

Picked the last of the heirloom tomatoes. We had a frost today so I figure most of the cherry tomatoes are done. We still have a bunch of small artichokes we are going to can.

The neighbor has a bunch of quince that I got permission to pick. I figure we should get between 20 to 25 pints. I'll let you know how it turns out.