Page 349 of 389 FirstFirst ... 249299339347348349350351359 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,490 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Huge shopping trip with alot of canned goods.
    I have kept testing usefulness of first aid kit, towing and recovery options with my F350 with unexpected small injuries, chevy trucks in ditches (not mine)
    Expertly jumped, replaced batteries, changed fuel filters and alternators on the F350, Chevy, and neighbors vehicles

Bought a 2007 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 lifted on 33's Diesel. working on stocking it with goodies. Added a CB radio on the Chevy.

Mounted my F350 fire extinguisher on the hump in the middle above my tranny.

I spend most of my week working out of(5am until 8pm 6 days a week), or near my trucks, so those take priority.
    Water stock is looking good.

Looking at moving soon to the city next to mine to a MUCH bigger house with more storage options.

For the Love of Cats

picking berries, freezing berries and making jam...
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

I'll most likely shit myself

Blueberry jam, freezing Okra, and jalapenos. Picked up some reloading supplies and some ammo. Did a partial sort on some food storage looking for expired dates. Found some, tomatos were deemed no good. With the wifes stomach issues, better safe than sorry. I did rearrange some of the totes to get a few ready to grab and go and give a wide range of options.

may be in trouble

Ordered hamstick pairs for 40, 20 and 6 meters to go along with the antenna mount I had, for these 'mini-dipoles'. Next step will be either an intelligent tuner or a tuner/SWR pairing, and a 10' chunk of the previously mentioned fence top pole, preferably halved and threaded to accomodate a coupling for manpacking ease. Got a car magmount mobile antenna for the TM-241 and the 1/4 wavelength dipole for the Htx-10. If any have heard tell of a single antenna capable of accomodating 10m, 6m, 2m, and 70 cm, I'd appreciate a shout.
    Last edited by Kesephist; 07-25-2016 at 07:54 PM.

Do you have a robot?
    Been getting the place in shape for having the family over for a reunion next month. I did some major pruning of my trees. The garden is starting to produce, carrots, beans, artichokes and melons. The nectarines. plums and strawberries are starting come in.

I bought a bunch of canned good and made sure things are being rotated. My daughter passed her EMT test and I promised I would put a medic bag together for her so with my stuff and the purchase of a couple hundred dollars more of equipment ordered she should be set. I also ordered another Brokos belt with all the goodies to go with it for her.

I also picked up a Motorola HT 2000 radio from a friend.
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

Purchased a High Standard 12 gauge in wonderful condition for only $190. Very pleased.

For the Love of Cats

hey... my jalapinos, are real wilty by the end of day, in the heat. Is this normal? all my other hot peppers are fine, except them?

- - - Updated - - -

more jelly, working the garden...
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    hey... my jalapinos, are real wilty by the end of day, in the heat. Is this normal? all my other hot peppers are fine, except them?

- - - Updated - - -

more jelly, working the garden...
    Mine do that too, it means they're thirsty.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

I'll most likely shit myself

I agree. All my peppers wilt up when they dry out.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Bought a complete billet ar pistol lower this weekend. Now to decide which upper and caliber.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.