Page 357 of 389 FirstFirst ... 257307347355356357358359367 ... LastLast
Results 3,561 to 3,570 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Do you have change for a canned bacon?

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
    For the last year trying to re gain my health, get all my dental work completed and generally trying to prepare to retire in a few years. Other than that not much.
    Same here.
    They say that the cockroaches will be the last creature alive on this earth.
    I intend on being the last person alive still stomping cockroaches.

Do you have a robot?
    Went up north this week to our property. A couple of weeks ago I started to drive across a newly installed culvert and it was just a little too skinny. My truck started to slide off. So this week I extended it an additional six feet wider. This took 80 bags of sacked concrete to lock it all in and a bunch of rock. Felt good to get it done, no one in my family have been able to get across in the past 40 years. So now I have been able to find a bulldozer to put in some roads so I can't wait till this spring. Oh ya winterized our place and are expecting to get a bunch of rain. You know when you think all is good and then the rain comes. I forgot to clean out the gutters so that is the job I have got to do this weekend.
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

Walking on Sunshine

Good Job Grumpy I have 4 months left before I say sayonara to the job. Haven't done too much lately been recovering from VERY bad infection I had back end of June, suffice to say I wound up in hospital when we went to visit Son1, DIL and the kids. Came home and told bosses end of January will be my last day. DH and I discussed this all the way home from kids after I was able to go home. Neither one of us realized how run down I got
    Loaned Son2 my dehydrator so he could put up some fruit. First time for them, The naners didn't go so well. I suspect the honey glaze may have been too thick or the banana slices were not thin enough. They are going to try to do fruit leathers next. We'll see how it goes. They are SLOWLY coming on board. I did pick up a Coleman camp coffeepot(makes 3 now) and a couple of firestarter steels on clearance at local store. Son 1 had his kids for the fall break so I sent DH down to be with them for a week, he got to celebrate his B Day with them. DIL and Son 1 are expecting , a girl, so that makes 5 grands for us, WHOO HOO!! His kids are excited and have started a name list starting with A. I'm not 100% yet so when I get home from work I am so tired but at least I now have my voice back, so I don't sound like a croaking toad anymore.Sucks getting old

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    I have a friend that has access to brass, we have a deal... he brings me brass... I sort and wash it, and split it 1/2 and 1/2.
    I think its a pretty good setup, I just hate sorting and washing brass, and I still need to prep my half, his will be un-prepped.

Im down 25 pounds from 3 months ago but now stuck at 229, I need to clean up my diet (I got sloppy) and start the cardio I promised myself Id already have started by now. Im still feeling better and my UC is slowly starting to improve! Very slowly, but after 12 years of misery, any improvement is great!

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

For the Love of Cats

Eb?? EB??? HEY EB??? You disappeared on me... lol

keep it up bud!

Kat: calm blue ocean... you'll get through it.. just a 'cold'
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Weight holding steady at 230, working to get past that...

Processed some range brass, have 1/2 a bucket yet to sort before I can even process that...

Lucked out on a porta-band saw, FINALLY now I am able to build some REAL projects! Ive been working the design in my head, built the first proto type target stand today. I need to get some gas for my MIG where as I could do a better job (because my stick skillz sux!). Ill post some pix of it later...

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

Do you have a robot?
    Met with a meetup group which primary interest is off road, Ham radios and orienteering. Good group of people I think I will continue. I am trying to get more versed in Hams. I need to get my General license.
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

For the Love of Cats

picked up a couple more coleman lanterns for a song. both in cases, with spare mantles. one does have a cracked globe though.

played with peppers in the kitchen for a good part of the weekend, and added some nice heat to the pantry.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

I'll most likely shit myself

Finally located some 30-30 bullets for reloading. Otherwise, just tryin to get things done up before the wifes surgery next month.

Finally got a dehydrator. My homemade one just did not work well. Yesterday put in the first test group of apples from our tree along with a few bananas. Today I will dry some jalapenos and cayennes. Seems to have come out fine.