Page 312 of 389 FirstFirst ... 212262302310311312313314322362 ... LastLast
Results 3,111 to 3,120 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

RIP, brother. We are diminshed.
    Quote Originally Posted by robsdak View Post
    busy,busy. i will update here shortly. lots to say. LOL
    well the update.

health wise, feeling a little better. been busy doing odd-n-ends and pressure washing a few businesses at night, making a little money. got a deal off Craigslist. 3 pressure washers for $75. 2 good pumps and 3 running Honda GVC 160 engines. upgraded 1 of them too 3100 psi.

helping the neighbor kid with his archery skills. bought a Bear Apprentice 2, got a good deal on it. a buddy owns a pawnshop. outfitted it with all the gadgets too make it accurate. i can hold my own at 35 yds. i shoot about an hour a day.

built a target stand, my own design. i was tearing up the target, so i figured a way to minimize/absorb the impact. explain in a different post.

reading about trapping coyotes. having issues with 1 trying to get in the backyard after my girls. can't have that.

garden and honeybees were a bust this year. the plants did well, just nothing to harvest. bad year for bees.

been working more on med supplies. ordered more sutures and the like. putting together a 3rd bag for whatever.

been too hot to do anything in the garage. no woodworking or kydex to speak of. i did hang a ceiling fan, but all it does is move the hot air around.

new tires on the truck.

new ccw. a G27. good little shooter. carries well. now, just waiting on the ZOMBIES! LMAO!

put up some more food storage. was able to hit the BX when they had a sale going on.

about it.
    "Ya need a hug, or a twinkee? Wait..forget the twinkie". - Dropy

"I'll be in my bunk" Jayne Cobb

'Catch, sauté, and release...' Sniper-T

'Always smile... it makes people wonder what the fuck you are thinking!' Sniper-T

Body Armor is not bullet proof, it is only bullet resistant.* Learn to become strictly a head hunter.*

'All I really needed was a hug'............ Domeguy

Do you have a robot?
    My garden was a huge success and this week I am going to start the winter garden. Picked a bunch of the tomatoes and now we are making some meat sauce and will can it tonight when it is cooler.

However our fruit trees aside from the nectarines were terrible. One apple and maybe a dozen apricots and no plums, it doesn't make any sense.
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

I'll most likely shit myself

Went to a orchard today and picked up 1.5 bushel of apples, bushel of sweet potatos, 50lbs of onions. Also hit up some antique stores yesterday and found a bunch of scrap metal, old punches, chisels, ect. Paid less than .25 /lb. Some is useable for the original purpose, otherwise will make good metal for blacksmithing.

RIP, brother. We are diminshed.
    Quote Originally Posted by realist View Post
    However our fruit trees aside from the nectarines were terrible. One apple and maybe a dozen apricots and no plums, it doesn't make any sense.
    ours either. sand pears did well, but they will grow in the dark. LOL the early and late peaches were small and had no flavor. i even fertilized them. i dunno?
    "Ya need a hug, or a twinkee? Wait..forget the twinkie". - Dropy

"I'll be in my bunk" Jayne Cobb

'Catch, sauté, and release...' Sniper-T

'Always smile... it makes people wonder what the fuck you are thinking!' Sniper-T

Body Armor is not bullet proof, it is only bullet resistant.* Learn to become strictly a head hunter.*

'All I really needed was a hug'............ Domeguy

Do you have a robot?
    We call it FM...........the second word is magic you can figure out the first. I will be fertilizing and and watering a bunch this year. A good pruning and some spray and just maybe just maybe I will get more than this year. The one thing I do have is pomegranates. In about a month I will be making jelly which is to die for..........
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

Crotch Rocket

http://www.tacticaltailor.com/zipperutilitypouch.aspx

This is the pouch I scored for under $20. It looks brand new. I had the perfect home for it. Kinda happy right now. Under 1/2 of msrp is good
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Rebuilding my firewood rack. I used old fence posts sunk into concrete to make the stacks vertical when I first built it, and the posts on one side are a bit loose in the ground, so I'm tying the verticals together with a frame at the top which will also double as the supports for a tin roof to keep the wood at least semi dry. I'm also using a bunch of salvaged fence pickets to enclose the sides. I've got a TON of stained pickets that match my fence that I can't burn right now (burn ban) so I'm enclosing it on the sides for aesthetic purposes. I'm also planning a full rehab of the garden over the winter with a drip system.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

I'll most likely shit myself

We've been putting up apple butter and dehydrating apples. Probably gonna be making pie filling up as well.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    I got a "promotion", I say it like that because it may end up being a scape goat position where I will get the blame for everything and I may quit or get fired... Dohno yet, Im being optimistic. Been with the company for 6 years, and this position I have a *LOT* to learn to be able to do my job, so I hope I can do it... I know I can do the job, not sure if I can meet there demands/expectations.

Located a LGS that does Glock blue label, guys says I can open an account and put money on it as I wish/please, and when there is enough I can have my Glock ordered... this is better than a lay a way, no time limits.

Located source of bullets JHP from Everglades, price is a about what I get Berrys for locally, but there TRUE JHP bullets, not plated.. so I can get a lot better bullet for the "same" money, and they ship free.

ALDI is opening up, I may be able to save some grocery money there... will have to see.

I did a good swap with a forum member of another forum, I swapped 6 M&P mags for 5 Glock 22 mags, no money out of pocket (except shipping) and I didt have to hassle with selling the M&P mags. Ive not shot THIS G22 yet, but Im sure its fine, already tore it down and cleaned & inspected it... Its a bit worn but just broke in. Glock should be fine.

Thats about all for now..

I hope with the new position I got I can start catching up on old (and some very old) debts, one is to a member here..

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Quote Originally Posted by ElevenBravo View Post
    I got a "promotion", I say it like that because it may end up being a scape goat position where I will get the blame for everything and I may quit or get fired... Dohno yet, Im being optimistic. Been with the company for 6 years, and this position I have a *LOT* to learn to be able to do my job, so I hope I can do it... I know I can do the job, not sure if I can meet there demands/expectations.

Located a LGS that does Glock blue label, guys says I can open an account and put money on it as I wish/please, and when there is enough I can have my Glock ordered... this is better than a lay a way, no time limits.

Located source of bullets JHP from Everglades, price is a about what I get Berrys for locally, but there TRUE JHP bullets, not plated.. so I can get a lot better bullet for the "same" money, and they ship free.

ALDI is opening up, I may be able to save some grocery money there... will have to see.

I did a good swap with a forum member of another forum, I swapped 6 M&P mags for 5 Glock 22 mags, no money out of pocket (except shipping) and I didt have to hassle with selling the M&P mags. Ive not shot THIS G22 yet, but Im sure its fine, already tore it down and cleaned & inspected it... Its a bit worn but just broke in. Glock should be fine.

Thats about all for now..

I hope with the new position I got I can start catching up on old (and some very old) debts, one is to a member here..

EB
    We like Aldi. They don't have many "name brand" things, at least not that are recognizable in TX. If you like Doritos, they don't have those, but they do have Clancy's chips of all kinds and we'd never heard of those, but they're awesome. They almost always have canned ham on sale, they have pretty good canned veggies prices, never been hot on their produce, but otherwise, it's a good store.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.