Page 259 of 389 FirstFirst ... 159209249257258259260261269309359 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,590 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Quote Originally Posted by realist View Post
    Well we got the pomegranate juice done. The first batch of six pints didn't jell soooooo when something like that happens we now have syrup for pancakes and ice cream.........or so I thought. Well it turns out it makes regular margaritas into pomegranate margaritas. Did you know you can make pomegranate martinis? Okay so back to the jelly, we ended up with 6 pints jars and 18 half pint jars. So things turned out real well an it tastes great.

Picked the last of the heirloom tomatoes. We had a frost today so I figure most of the cherry tomatoes are done. We still have a bunch of small artichokes we are going to can.

The neighbor has a bunch of quince that I got permission to pick. I figure we should get between 20 to 25 pints. I'll let you know how it turns out.
    When life gives you lemons, add vodka. Lol
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

For the Love of Cats

Quote Originally Posted by realist View Post

The neighbor has a bunch of quince that I got permission to pick. I figure we should get between 20 to 25 pints. I'll let you know how it turns out.
    Quince??? Never even heard of that... had to google. Sounds interesting.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    My once fired brass came in today, 300 45 and 100 9.

Got all the 45 sized, decapped and belled... waiting on my powder measure before I load them, trickeling powder for 50 rounds sucks ass enough as it is!

My 9 dies are due to arrive Friday.

Bank is bust right now, esp with xmas, been looking at plated FMJ and will try them to save a few bux..

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

I have still yet to grow a brain
    Pressure canned 16 jars of turkey broth.

We canned a dozen 1/2 pints of cranberry sauce. It was just the 2 of us and the boy this year for thanksgiving, so we cooked up 3 pounds of cranberries, canned the majority of it, and ate the rest.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

I'll most likely shit myself

The wifemade that for the first time last year. Never had any commercial that was near as good.

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    The wifemade that for the first time last year. Never had any commercial that was near as good.
    This recipe used whole cranberries, and we followed the recipe out of the Ball cookbook. Didn't use any pectin, and I'm noticing that it didn't set like jelly. It's not a big deal, we can heat it before eating and let it thicken, but it does seem like the moisture content is a little higher than expected.

I'll most likely shit myself

Not sure where her reciepe came from. Google fu IIRC. Yours dounds about like ours turned out. I think shole berries make a big difference. I bet fresh would be great. I dont mind a little liquid from mine, just blends the flavors a little more.

We took a week and got away for a bit. Its been three years for much time away and relaxing a little. Got in some hiking, a little running around and a lot of sitting around a fire. Got home today and gonna start on the new grape arbor tomorrow.
    Have picked up a bunch of old files and rasps plus a set of tongs. I also got two brake drums so I'm about ready to start the forge build.

For the Love of Cats

Quote Originally Posted by ak474u View Post
    We canned a dozen 1/2 pints of cranberry sauce. It was just the 2 of us and the boy this year for thanksgiving, so we cooked up 3 pounds of cranberries, canned the majority of it, and ate the rest.
    I froze about 3 gallons of cranberries that I picked this fall. usually do that and then grab a cup or two and make the sauce when I need it. Never occured to me to buy canned cranberry sauce. lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    .... I also got two brake drums so I'm about ready to start the forge build.
    Take lotsa pics, I want to see this progression
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Been out of town on "business" and just got back, looks like its time to play catch-up with stuff. Got to field test some gear and found what did/didnt work.

Last edited by Stormfeather; 12-02-2014 at 04:22 AM.
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.