Page 281 of 389 FirstFirst ... 181231271279280281282283291331381 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,810 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

I'll most likely shit myself

Secured next years fertilize. ....Cleaned out the chicken coop.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Today:

Cilantro, dill, Sumter, and pickling cucumbers, built 2-1x2x1 and 1-1x1x1 cedar boxes for infill in flat spaces in the garden. Finished 2 beds at the back of the yard along the fence. I had 4 last year, they're 8x2 by about 6" deep, this year I'll have 6. Also planted my honey berry. Also planted lots of flowers for the wifey.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

For the Love of Cats

I reseasoned my old camping crockpot, which got 'cast' aside somehow and misplaced. Laying on the floor of the garage, tucked under a shelf on the pavement for the last 5 years didn't treat it well. Wire brushed it, scrubbed it, boiled and scubbed it again, and then heat treated it. looks like brand new.... well, how about 60 year old brand new.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

finally pooped
    I bought and disassembled a treadle sewing machine, got some solar lanterns from the dollar store and returned to my natural bacon eating self.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Teaching Lil'Bravo more about the function of the blowback striker fired pistol (using the M&P). Talked about chamber, chamber pressure, bullet OAL, bullet set back, extractor, ejector, slide picking up a round off the mag (cycling), etc.. etc..

She seamed to enjoy learning HOW a pistol works. She had some basic instruction, this was more in depth.

We will later learn about the GP and DI system and how rifles (semi auto) function, the principles of the pistol will mostly transfer.

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

finally pooped
    EB, did you cover supported and unsupported chambers? Makes a little difference reloading and it's always good to know.

I have still yet to grow a brain
    Bought 12# of Beef Chuck. Ground it up making Hamburger, Italian Sausage, Breakfast Sausage and Pepperoni Sausage.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesneuen View Post
    EB, did you cover supported and unsupported chambers? Makes a little difference reloading and it's always good to know.
    Yes sir, we did cover that ground! But since I dont own any second rate weapons with an unsupported chamber, I had to use the enternets to show pictures. HA HA HA!

The Sig fired brass you send me was all 100% top shelf stuff. The brass I fire from my M&P is also devoid of the dreaded bulge.

What we did tonight:

357 mag: decapped, resized, belled and primed 40 pcs. Primed 70 pcs. (100 pcs ready to load, need bullets, need to test load with ETR7 powder)

9 mm: belled 400 pcs that were previously decapped and resized. Low on primers, have no bullets.

40 S&W: Loaded 200 rnds, ready to fire!

Left: 2.5lbs powder, 300 small primers, 1k large primers.
    Need: .45/230 bullets, .40/180 bullets, 9mm/124 bullets, small primers, always... more powder.

I wont be happy until I have 16lbs powder and 10k primers on bank, just for set back. Also, 6k .40 bullets. Though, Ill never stop banking supplies, money has a funny way of limiting things a bit...

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

I call big spoon.
    [IMG][/IMG]

I've been busy with work and such, but robsdak made me up some zipper pulls so I could use a different color to identify my kifaru pullouts in dim lighting. Orange for fire starters, blue for water filter, and so on. the sustainment bag goes with me when I travel down state.

The pulls are well made, but why wouldn't they be. A nice clean melted portion to keep it from coming apart. I had him do the glow piece on there. Not bad for 18 bucks shipped, and it supports the community.

I'll most likely shit myself

Rob does good work. That color code should work well.