Page 227 of 389 FirstFirst ... 127177217225226227228229237277327 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,270 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Yes, its short. No, its not his attention span.
    Took a test. Got a $10,000 a year raise. That should help my preps

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Quote Originally Posted by ditchmedic View Post
    Took a test. Got a $10,000 a year raise. That should help my preps
    Thats great news! Just remember to not let that 10k go to your head! If you were living comfortably with your current salary, I wouldnt make any changes except to maybe add a little here and there as far as preps go, and make some smart investments in the meantime!
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Just dug up 60 plants, potted them and carried to the garage. It's gonna be 30* here tonight, and I can't find most of the tomato breeds we have locally. We got most of the plants in San Antonio, and we've not seen these breeds in Dallas. All my peppers, and maters are in the garage now, and I've blocked the grapes, raspberries, and blueberries from the north wind as best I can. Just covered my kale, lettuce, hibiscus with burlap. Still need to mulch my beds of flowers, and my pomegranates. It's going to be the coldest April 14th in over 100 years here tonite. Damn global warming. I'm digging out 2 liter bottles to fill with super hot water and laying them on the base of the berry plants late tonight to aid in their survival.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

We had snow on easter about 7 years ago, and we are 2 hours south of yall.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

Looking to learn how to spoon....wait....what's that....oh....MAKE spoons
    Last year on May 24th we had a blizzard. Was pretty crazy.

Anyway this week I found out that my FRS radios are junked. I'm going to see if I can somehow try to fix them but I think it's a lost cause. Got a lot more books in digital format and loaded them onto my ipad for easier reading. I've also been eyeing a new shotgun, which I may count out my pennies for.

It has been quite a while since posting due to several setbacks, but things are looking up finally. We paid off the personal loans and credit cards, set up a savings plan, pre-paid most of our summer vacation, sold a bunch of worthless junk and cleared 2 shelving units for more preps, and we finally have emergency savings. I have even lost a few pounds from lack of stress, which has motivated me to start exercising again. Our next step is to spend this year saving for a down payment and fixing up the house to sell next year.

One thing I can say is that WTSHTF, I am definitely not going to make a living being a trader. The people on bookoo and craigslist have driven me insane.

Yes, its short. No, its not his attention span.
    Well financially, life just got better. Between the raise and the life insurance payout im expecting, all debts will be cleared with the exception of my house and student loans. Made plans to pay my stydent loan off in the next 4 years while still having enough to comfortable live and save.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Built a 1x4 cedar box out of reclaimed cedar from a 4x8 raised bed I used last year. Sanded, and polyurethaned the box, and it looks awesome. I planted the following in this box. Thai basil, boxwood basil, Greek basil, purple basil, sweet basil, and cinnamon basil. Smells great under my pergola, and we can harvest every time we need fresh basil. I also re-planted the 60 plants I had to dig up and bring in for our freak freeze the other night. My taters got hammered, the top leaves on every one of my 60 or so tater plants turned black, but the leaves underneath were still healthy and green. I also planted 3 sweet peppers (think orange and yellow jalapeƱos with no heat) my kid eats them like candy, I also planted cayenne, and Thai peppers, as well as some golden cherry tomatoes. I think I have 12-15 breeds of pepper now, and 12-15 breeds of tomatoes. I finished our rear perimeter fence beds that will house beans, cucumbers, squash, etc in a week or so.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

Crotch Rocket

I cleared a swath of land on the south of our property this week, and dropped my first tree! The land clearing itself is largely for aesthetics and clearly delineating the property lines, but I can say its prepping because I'm learning a new skill set with the saw - and getting a start on next winter's firewood.

As for the saw I still haven't run it too much more than that one tree and some limbing. My dad has been so we can maximize our individual strengths (his experience, my legs )
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

I'll most likely shit myself

Spent a couple evenings this week covering blueberries tryin to protect the blooms from frost and cold temps. Sems to have been successful. The only thing that seems to have been hit is about 25-30% of our potatos. Even at that just mostly the upper leaves. I think they will recover.
    We have small peaches and pears on already. Apples cherries and blueberries in full bloom.
    Other than that not much. I have spent most of the last three weeks in training at work. More coming up this week. Yippee.