Page 344 of 389 FirstFirst ... 244294334342343344345346354 ... LastLast
Results 3,431 to 3,440 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

I'll most likely shit myself

DE was the next on my list to try. Thanks.

Got everything ready for canning this year. Wife and I had made small amounts of jam, but this year we are going to stock up from the home harvest!

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Going to be canning a bunch of broilers for the next few days, and then again in a couple weeks. Next week will be canning some rabbits.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

Canning takes a long time. About 2 hours for every 10 jars. Anyways, here is a pic of the progress. Still got more to go.

Bought an industrial 100 person OSHA/ANSI first aid kit for the truck. Also bought a fire extinguisher mount and have my extinguisher mounted on the hump below my center console. More truck maintenance done. Starting to stock canned dog food. Within a week I will order a Diesel transfer tank, holding approx 100 extra gallons, putting my range out to 1,300 miles!

Still canning. Got some roosters from our free range flock to do today. But we ended up with I think 110 jars of broiler chickens (that was 24 birds, still have another 21 to kill.) 30 jars of Rabbit, not counting the 13 lbs of rabbit backstrap we put in the freezer. Now I have to kill about 8 roosters, and will can them today.

I'll most likely shit myself

Worked, fertilized and watered most everything but our taters. Planted 15 bell peppers, green and yellow, and 5 rows of peaches and cream corn.
    Still fighting tater bugs. DE has not slowed them down at all. Gonna try spraying with need oil next. Plants have gotten past the bloom and look good for most part. Just hoping they make in spite of the bugs.

Do you have a robot?
    Spent all day redoing the irrigation system on the garden. I have a huge list of spares I will be picking up tomorrow. I actually got the wife out to shoot last wee with a friend and she shot great, instead time in 20 years, progress!!!! Put together a real BOB for the wife's car.

I have a couple, both are nurses, I am getting ready to take to the range. Yesterday was safety and equipment day. They had mentioned last time something about being prepared so I up and asked them. Well five hours later, one for the lesson and for for the prepping and we were done. They will be a good resource to have around. One works in a hospital and the other works for Hospice. Both have said since we live in such a liberal area they are afraid to talk to anyone about prepping. So we think a like and I was able to school them some. They have a long way to go but that is alright, I look forward to teaching the as much as I can. I gave them piles of resources with the caution to not go into overload.

My daughter is coming home for the summer from college next week, for one day then off to her EMT school, then later this summer to Seattle for a nursing assistant class.

Sorry long winded, it was a good week.
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Picked about 6lbs of blackberries, 1 gallon of beans, about 50lbs of onions, the first jalapeƱos of the season, almost picked out on the methley plumbs, best crop yet (approximately 3rd year) got about 15lbs. We've lost lots of fruit in years past due to wind. Peaches are nearly ready, and we're getting a nice handful of strawberries every day. One of my new goji berries is blooming, don't expect a lot of fruit, just glad to see its happy in its spot.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

Goji berry plants are tough. We have 2, and the got tore all the way down to the ground by critters twice. They are doing good right now, and we have them protected better.