Page 298 of 389 FirstFirst ... 198248288296297298299300308348 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,980 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Walking on Sunshine

Well I haven't done much either this week. Our store is having a good sale this week-end, dollar a lb box of pasta, whole wheat and whole grain, I'll be getting more to put in storage. I think this time I'll concentrate on the spaghetti noodle type rather than the shapes.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Planting 2 hardy kiwis today. It's so humid that all I've done is dig the hole and put in the trellis. I've got bags of solid to take up the hill in a few minutes, I decided to make this one a really nice planted bed, and the solid where I'm planting is 3" topsoil and lots of black clay, so dug a BIG hole and putting in lots of good soil.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

Hi all! I can't believe how long it has been since I posted last. I have been focusing on storing up freeze dried foods instead the more perishable foods and have got quite a bit now. I also have a new Subaru Outback as the Dodge was on the way out. It handles like a mountain goat in the snow and much better gas mileage during the warmer months, but that is about all the good I have to say for it. We are almost done building a trailer for the Outback since it is so much smaller than the minivan. It is a 5x8 ft folding one with racks for our kayaks and mountain bikes. We are working on raising the floor and adding storage for fishing poles and paddles this week. I am hoping it is completely done for our camping trip next week. And our vacation home finally has almost all of the modern amenities, like furniture and Xbox. We just need to replace the water softener and I want to add a whole house filter. This week I am adding to the food storage there and bringing a guest bed.

Nice to be back!

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Welcome back tent, nice to hear of your upgrades! Id like to see a few pix of your shack!

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

Let me see if this works.

- - - Updated - - -

It looks like a duplex but the person before us just added another door to the back. The picture makes it look huge, and it really isn't that big especially considering we share it with my parents and my sister's family. I like that it is right on the river and backs up to farm fields, and the neighbors are really nice.

And this is a pic of our river access. Again, the picture makes it look huge. I wouldn't want to, but I could probably swim the width of the river and I'm not a strong swimmer. It is approximately the width of one medium bottle rocket's flight.

Premium Member
    Very nice msomnipotent! Also welcome back.
    Don't wrestle with pigs; you'll get all muddy and the pigs will love it!

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Working towards putting the War Wagon up for sale, hope to flip some of the funds to ammo and mags for the new ARs. I had a "good" supply of mags <cough> and a decent amount of ammo for the AKs but there gone and I need the "same" for the ARs...

Im stuck in the middle of putting on my 2" budget lift (spacers) on my Jeep, I need some more tools to finish the job but will have to wait till pay day... good thing Im on vacation this week, the front is tore down and on jack stands.

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

Premium Member
    Bought me another nice flashlight to add to the collection and it's really cool. I saw it while shopping in a store in Appleton, Wisconsin called Scheels. They don't have these stores down south, so I was a kid in a candy store. It's similar to Bass Pro or Cabelas.

It was Father's Day, so Songbird told me to pick out something so I did.......the cool flashlight called a SLYDE Z for $49.99.

LEDs have come a long way.

https://www.nebotools.com/prod_details.php?id=346
    Don't wrestle with pigs; you'll get all muddy and the pigs will love it!

I have still yet to grow a brain
    Bought 4 of these.
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/sis.html?_nk...72.m2749.l2658
    They are incredible.
    Gotta agree with you Willie51 flashlights have come a long way.