Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GHB breakdown

Administrator

GHB breakdown

My first GHB. I normally carry a Rush 12 for EDC on the weekends so this bag was created to supplement that.

Quick EDC bag loadout- Boonie hat, monocular, lighter, TP, Toilet seat covers, hand sanitizer, advil, a smaller first aid kit, Surefire, extra batteries, a smaller flashlight, 2 folder knives, travel size bug juice, extra Iphone cable.
    Before the Army moved us to NY I was carrying a Glock 36

MY GHB- La Police gear bail out bag. Loaded but still have room to spare.

Gerber Multitool w/ sheath, bug juice, fire striker, Muslin Triangular Bandages. (intention is to use as a bandana or face mask), matches in waterproof container.

2 chem lights, 2 sets of ear plus, 2 boxes of matches, 50ft of 1550lbs tensile strength rope.

1 mre , 3 bottles of water, dust mask, IFAK with med supplies, magazine holder for 2 mags(will actually carry extra mags once I get out of The People's Republic of New York), 5x7 tarp. *not shown* two cheap rain ponchos

*Stashed in the vehicle* 1-mre, 2-windbreakers

Stuff that will be added in the near future:
    Whistle
    Compass
    10-20 feet of 550 cord(thinking it may be redundant considering I have 50 feet of rope)
    At least 2 more Mre's- this will be put into the vehicle
    a vial of bleach or water purifier tabs
    combat boots for The general and me
    extra socks.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by 2die4; 08-25-2012 at 03:13 PM.
    I don’t have “hobbies” I’m developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set.

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

Your kit doesn't look bad but I have what might be a stupid question....Why do you have ear plugs?

I only asked because if something kicked off I would want to hear everything going on around me.

IMO, you can't go wrong with extra 550 cord.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

Administrator

GHB breakdown

Quote Originally Posted by LUNCHBOX View Post
    Your kit doesn't look bad but I have what might be a stupid question....Why do you have ear plugs?

I only asked because if something kicked off I would want to hear everything going on around me.

IMO, you can't go wrong with extra 550 cord.
    Not much shtf use really. I have always had spare earplugs in the car when we would regularly go to the range. At less than an ounce I figure I just shove the ear plugs in there.

550 cord will be added.

Hmm maybe the could be used as a fire starter....

Thinks it might be German

Nice bag, and well thought out. I think if it were up to me, I would add a lighter. You have a butt load of matches and the fire starter, which is good redundancy, but a lighter can make things a lot less frustrating in a time of stress.

I might add a small SS cup or SS water bottle too.... Something that you could heat/cook/purify in.
    Last edited by slowz1k; 08-28-2012 at 02:06 PM.
    The 12 Gauge... It's not just for rabbits anymore.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

where's the butt wipe? I keep a few rolls of TP in mine. you cant go wrong. Wipe your butt, or light a fire.

I had to cut the sleeves off one of my shirts to wipe my tail once on a fishing trip. Never forgot the TP again.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Quote Originally Posted by izzyscout21 View Post
    where's the butt wipe? I keep a few rolls of TP in mine. you cant go wrong. Wipe your butt, or light a fire.

I had to cut the sleeves off one of my shirts to wipe my tail once on a fishing trip. Never forgot the TP again.

I second the recommendation for Sh*t tickets. Try hiking home with squishy pants, not fun.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

GunnerMax
    Looks great... I cannot wait for you to get out of the unconstitutional state and get armed up
    Last edited by GunnerMax; 08-30-2012 at 01:33 AM. Reason: i missed what you listed...

Administrator

GHB breakdown

Quote Originally Posted by izzyscout21 View Post

I do have some in my EDC bag but not enough. TP is one thing you can never have enough of.

Administrator

GHB breakdown

Quote Originally Posted by GunnerMax View Post
    Looks great... I cannot wait for you to get out of the unconstitutional state and get armed up
    Trust me brother I can't wait either. Funny thing is, it's been 3 years but some days I can still feel it there on my hip. Phantom feeling.

Bacon saver

I found one thing I could never do without is that stupid battery powered head lamp. Damn things are(hands free) "multi-taskers", and they have many different types. Haven't tried the "Blood tracker" yet so I can't tell you if they work. But they're great in caves!

Be safe............the night is your friend.