Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cleaning out the bank accounts

Do you have a robot?
    If you want I will go get the money for your...............

Now that trillion you multiply by 16 for our debt and you can pave Washington.

One thing that I have found if you want to have a large amount of money in a small place is gold coins. You would be looking at roughly 67 one ounce coins or about 4.25 pounds.

For the Love of Cats

So what would the IRS do to you if you withdrew it all? Aska couple questions and watch you for large purchases? Ooooh, scary!

Spend a couple hundred, buy a ticket to Vegas. Withdraw everything, and then go on a trip. Take in a couple shows then come back and if they ask, tell them you bet it all on one roll of the dice.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Do you have a robot?
    Sniper I think that you have the right idea. Since the money is in the bank there is already records of it being there. Their only problem would be they can no longer track it and that is not illegal.

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

You could also withdraw over $10K in the form of a cashiers check for big purchases but is still trackable. Better to withdraw smaller amounts over time.
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

NVG....totally a work deduction!

Guys.... I want to tell you to proceed with caution here.

Many suggestions being made can probably be considered structuring, if you want to withdraw 14,000, but instead withdraw 7000 on two different days to avoid the CTR report, then you have committed the crime of structuring. Personally, I'd just let the bank know you want to withdraw and do it all at once, one report, no risk of prosecution. If any questions are asked, just say I am afraid of a bank failure, 2008 scared me. I would not try to avoid the report, they are looking for that and its just as serious as failing to file the proper report.

Structuring is a crime and they are watching for it.

Here is a link
    http://www.fincen.gov/whatsnew/pdf/CTRPamphletBW.pdf
    Last edited by cwconnertx; 09-18-2012 at 07:46 PM.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Man our government is messed up when it is a crime to take my own money out of an account. Damn we need a huge change.

Need the worlds hottest pepper seeds? See him...
    Small increments over time is the only way to do it.
    I pay for most things with cash so I am always getting money out, but never a large amount (which I don't have anyway).
    I direct deposit and get what I need out on a weekly basis.

I'll most likely shit myself

I had never heard of that before. I do have to agree with Helo. Most everywhere forces you to do direct deposit on your pay, but then try and get your own money out. and you got some splanin to do Lucy!

I agree just make smaller withdrawls over a longer period of time, or just bite the bullet and take it all at once.
    Last edited by bacpacker; 09-19-2012 at 11:17 AM.

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

"Get it, its your money and you want it now"......or something like that. LOL
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

"Get it, its your money and you want it now"......or something like that. LOL
    Those crooks! I actually looked into that, I was curious if it was cheaper to get a loan from the bank or cash out part of a settlement. Ha, highway robbery! No thanks.