Thread: Cleaning out the bank accounts

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Do you have change for a canned bacon?

Quote Originally Posted by Echo2 View Post
    According to my teller...any amount $5k or more is flagged....and $10k is reported.....either direction.
    That is one reason, for them holding a check from a client of mine for over $10k....even if the client has an account at the same bank.
    I'd start now doing cashier checks for $2k and $3k now...and cashing them at different banks....If I wanted to draw down an account.
    Or just say "screw them" and do it.....and buy a bit of silver or whatever
    Sort of right...
    the below was shamelessly copied from the web:

The Money Laundering Control Act of 1986 enabled banks to begin completing Large Currency Transaction Reports (LCTR) on individuals who conduct transactions involving more than $10,000 in cash

A CTR is required for every deposit, withdrawal or exchange over $10,000 in cash. Wire transfers or transactions by check and non-cash means are not subject to the CTR filing requirement. The requirements apply to all accounts, whether individual, group or corporate, regardless of their size. Banks are also required to aggregate all cash transactions made by or on behalf of an account on the same business day and at all branch locations. Transactions over the weekend or on holidays are treated as if made on the following business day. If the aggregate total is $10,000 or more, a CTR is required.
    Last edited by AlphaTea; 09-18-2012 at 02:12 AM.
    They say that the cockroaches will be the last creature alive on this earth.
    I intend on being the last person alive still stomping cockroaches.