Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cleaning out the bank accounts

Give him a home, where the buffalo roam, and they make "wood" for his cookin fires all day

Cleaning out the bank accounts

So, how does a person going about cleaning out a bank account of say 100,000$ without drawing flags to himself. Theorhetically speaking of course.

Claptrap's Problem Solver

IIRC banks are more concerned about deposits when it comes to government reporting but someone asking for that large of sum is going to draw attention to himself. Even if it's just tellers whispering to themselves they will notice.

Better be carrying when you walk out of the bank with that wad o'cash in your pocket.
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

Give him a home, where the buffalo roam, and they make "wood" for his cookin fires all day
    i thought any amount over 10,000$ was reported to the gov?

I'll most likely shit myself

We decided to stay under $1000. Maybe do weekly or bi weekly withdrawls. You could also do multiple branch withdrawls as well.

Claptrap's Problem Solver

http://www.ehow.com/info_7935006_muc...orted-irs.html

Glad you asked...wasn't sure myself.
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

According to my teller...any amount $5k or more is flagged....and $10k is reported.....either direction.

That is one reason, for them holding a check from a client of mine for over $10k....even if the client has an account at the same bank.

I'd start now doing cashier checks for $2k and $3k now...and cashing them at different banks....If I wanted to draw down an account.

Or just say "screw them" and do it.....and buy a bit of silver or whatever
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

Does NOT use a snake bit sucker kit on snake bits

One 1000 stack is about 1/2'' tall so if someone were to have 1000,000 the stack would be 5'' tall so they better be wearing allot of pocket or carrying a bag/case/pack/purse.
    You don't need to be the strongest
    or the most intelligent to survive
    but by having the right tools and
    the adaptability of change
    is where you will prevail.

Does NOT use a snake bit sucker kit on snake bits

Now if you had one trillion in 100 dollar bills it would look like this...

There is a person standing in the lower left corner.
    You don't need to be the strongest
    or the most intelligent to survive
    but by having the right tools and
    the adaptability of change
    is where you will prevail.

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

Quote Originally Posted by Evolver View Post
    Now if you had one trillion in 100 dollar bills it would look like this...

There is a person standing in the lower left corner.
    WOW!
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

Do you have change for a canned bacon?

Quote Originally Posted by Echo2 View Post
    According to my teller...any amount $5k or more is flagged....and $10k is reported.....either direction.
    That is one reason, for them holding a check from a client of mine for over $10k....even if the client has an account at the same bank.
    I'd start now doing cashier checks for $2k and $3k now...and cashing them at different banks....If I wanted to draw down an account.
    Or just say "screw them" and do it.....and buy a bit of silver or whatever
    Sort of right...
    the below was shamelessly copied from the web:

The Money Laundering Control Act of 1986 enabled banks to begin completing Large Currency Transaction Reports (LCTR) on individuals who conduct transactions involving more than $10,000 in cash

A CTR is required for every deposit, withdrawal or exchange over $10,000 in cash. Wire transfers or transactions by check and non-cash means are not subject to the CTR filing requirement. The requirements apply to all accounts, whether individual, group or corporate, regardless of their size. Banks are also required to aggregate all cash transactions made by or on behalf of an account on the same business day and at all branch locations. Transactions over the weekend or on holidays are treated as if made on the following business day. If the aggregate total is $10,000 or more, a CTR is required.
    Last edited by AlphaTea; 09-18-2012 at 02:12 AM.
    They say that the cockroaches will be the last creature alive on this earth.
    I intend on being the last person alive still stomping cockroaches.