Low: 25 lumens (45 hours)
    Impact resistant to 4.9 ft. (1.5 m)
    Water resistant to IPX-8 Standards
    Uses 2 x CR123A or 1 x Li-Ion 18650 Battery
    Length: 149mm
    Head Diameter: 34mm
    Tail Diameter: 25.4mm
    Weight: 133 grams (without battery)

Today I am reviewing the Nitecore MT26 flashlight I picked up from BatteryJuntion. The MT26 is part of Nitecores Multi-Task series of lights. The multi-task series is a new line of highly versatile and practical illumination tools designed for a multitude of users and environments. Inside the neatly packaged box was the light, clip, lanyard, extra push button, extra o-ring seals, sheath, neatly printed user manual, and a tactical ring for holding the light like a cigar.

The MT26 is constructed using a high quality aero grade aluminum alloy with a hard anodized Type III military grade body construction. There are three separate areas of rugged diamond-shaped knurling which offers a secure and ergonomic grip. The anti-rolling grooves towards the front of the light do an excellent job at keeping the light from rolling on a flat surface. With a IPX-8 standard waterproof rating, this light can be submerged in up to 2 meters of water without any leaks.

To the business end. The Nitecore MT26 uses a toughened ultra-clear mineral glass with anti-reflective coating. Behind that is the CREE XM-L U2 800 lumen led powered by two CR123 or 1 18650 battery. Nitecore stats that the XM-L US led has up to 50,000 hours of burn time. The MT26 offers four different brightness modes as well as strobe and S.O.S. mode. If you twist the head of the light clock-wise you'll go into User-Defined mode. In this mode you can set the light at either low, mid, high, strobe, or SOS. And if you twist the head counter clock-wise it goes to Turbo mode.

Here is the MT26 next to the Sunwayman C20C Tomahawk. The MT26 will tail stand with no issues at all. This is very convenient if you are working on something that requires two hands.

Here you can see the different brightness modes. Definite hot spot with a bunch of spill illuminates a wide area. The turbo (800 lumens) lights the night!!

If you're a law enforcement officer or someone who doesn't mind carrying a light on their belt, this would be a great light for that carry system. This would also be a great light to EDC in a messenger bag, backpack, or even a fanny pack. I will be carrying the MT26 in my 5.11 Covrt ZAP 6 pack. This would also be a great light to carry in your vehicle. If you're working under the hood or dash, the MT26 would be a great option since it tail stands.You could pocket carry it if needed but in my opinion it's just to big to pocket carry.

Things I Like:

• Light Output: In turbo mode (800 lumens) this light is bright! I also like that you can go to a lower mode for task that don't require much light. This helps preserve battery life.
    • Waterproof: The MT26 is waterproof per IPX-8 standards.
    • Tail Cap: The tail cap has two flat portions which allow the light to tail stand in situations where you may need both hands for working on something.
    • Construction: The materials used to build this light are all top quality. The diamond shape knurling, machined non-roll grooves are just two things that set this light apart from others.
    • Button: The button has a firm study click. It's easy to use for going through different brightness modes. The momentary function button allows you to engage the light without fully pressing and clicking the button.

Things I Dislike:
    • For those looking for a pocket light. I feel this would probably not be your best choice due to the size. I feel the MT26 is best carried in either a sheath on the belt or in a bag. Just my personal opinion.

Blade Reviews 101
    Follow us on Facebook & Twitter

I'll most likely shit myself

Good review. Sounds like a killer light. Gotta check this out.

Echo you got one of those in your stash of lights? I'm bettin you do.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Whats the price point on one of these?
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormfeather View Post
    Whats the price point on one of these?
    $63.95 w/ free shipping from batteryjuntion.com

Give one a try. I think it's noticeably brighter than my Fenix TK35 and cost about 20-30 bucks less too.

Re: Nitecore MT26 Flashlight - Review

Nice review. Looks to be a solid light.

Claptrap's Problem Solver

Thanks for sharing this. I've been converted over to the "more lumens are good lumens" way of thinking so the turbo setting is rather interesting.
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout