Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keep us in your thoughts...

Keep us in your thoughts...

I got a call at work this morning from my ex. I should preface this by saying that despite having been separated for almost two years, my ex and I have always been good friends. Well this morning she was on her way to pick up our three year old son from school and was involved in a pretty bad accident. When she called, she was hysterical and could barely speak. She managed to tell me where she was (thankfully just a few blocks from where my office is located) and I arrived within a few moments of the first rescue workers.

Long story short, she hit the front quarter panel of an oncoming vehicle (a ram 1500), spun out, and ended up getting hit by a tractor trailer. Her car (an older Le Sabre) was totaled. The paramedics on scene told her she was lucky to be alive (very true given the extent of the damage), but we are most thankful that it was on the way to picking up our son, not on the way back. When she hit the tractor trailer, it basically caved in the entire side of the car, with the majority of the damage being right where his carseat is.

I arranged for help from two of my coworkers (one helped pull everything of value from the car before it was towed - her works stuff, stuff for the holidays, etc), while the other went and picked up our son from school and we ended up spending the majority of the day at the hospital. Thankfully, she's doing fine, although she's going to be hurting for a while and has suffered some short-term memory loss (probably from shock, there's no brain damage as far as they can tell).

The point of the post was this... while I'm not an overly religious person, I don't think it'll hurt anything if those who are can keep her in their prayers while she's recovering. And everyone else... positive vibes can't hurt either! Thanks!

Prayers and good vibes sent!

Crotch Rocket

Keep us in your thoughts...

You've got it. Prayers up and out.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Does NOT use a snake bit sucker kit on snake bits

I hope all will be well soon.
    You don't need to be the strongest
    or the most intelligent to survive
    but by having the right tools and
    the adaptability of change
    is where you will prevail.

Resident Seafood Procurement Officer

Positive vibes headed your way my friend.
    Just because we are peaceful does not mean we have forgotten how to be violent.

I'll most likely shit myself

Prayers sent for you both. Please keep us posted on progress.

RIP, brother. We are diminshed.
    surely, good thoughts sent your way. i hope everything will be ok, with her.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Positive thoughts coming your way bro, keep us up to date with progress.
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

Thought I'd take a moment to post a quick update on her progress... She's still hurting (as expected), and has spent most of her time in bed, but she's alive and seems to have finally learned just how valuable that is She's showing the signs of what seems to be PTSD (something I'm all too familiar with unfortunately), but she's working through it slowly. Looks like with the exception of some short term memory loss, she's going to be just fine in the long run. Thanks everyone for your kind words and thoughts!

For the Love of Cats

Lucky lady! Not many people hit a semi and win!

thoughts and prayers...
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.