Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thanksgiving

He's old and grumpy, but not fat. He'll be right back...he has to go tell some kids to get off his lawn

Today is the day we stop and reflect upon the blessing given to us by our creator, and remember all the sacrifices of those who came before us to bestow upon as the liberties we so enjoy. We often take for granted the liberties we have, without giving much thought about how those liberties were obtained. We also take for granted sometimes the great abundance this nation provides us. Today as we sit down to partake of our Thanksgiving meal, perhaps we should really stop and reflect on those who are today without homes, and loved ones due to recent events. We are safe and secure in our homes while others throughout the world are awaiting a warning siren, or hearing and ducking gunfire. We have an abundance of food at our tables, while others are starving, our trying to eat a cold meal after scrapping dirt and sand off what meager food hey have. We are warm and sheltered, while others live in make shift shelters trying to get by until tomorrow. We have it good, but take for granted most of what we have. Count your blessings, for we are truly a blessed nation.May God bless you all.
    "There are no winners in war, only bigger losers"

If you see me or hear me coming, I'm not doing my job.

Re: Thanksgiving

Amen brother.

I'll most likely shit myself

Earlier today I was reminded of an old tradition done with a little humor involved. Who remembers this little diddie?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m57gzA2JCcM

I hope everyone has had a fine day.

Do you have a robot?
    Good food and good friends is the only way to spend a Thanksgiving. You are all invited.............. of course someone need to bring the whiskey to make it better. Be safe all and

drink responsibly

Thanksgiving was awesome, baby girl sat at the big table with all the adults, in her little chair. She is only 6 mo. old....man, did she make a mess of Grandma's table cloth, lol. Mashed potatoes and green beans got flung everywhere! She wore more than she got in her mouth, but it was a joy to watch her smile and coo, wave her hands around, and see how excited she was to be with all the adults. She sure knows how to charm, lol, little monster ate most of my dinner roll, and at the same time had daddy picking up her spoon about every two minutes - thank God she kept throwing it towards his side of the table. I am crazy blessed.