Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Silver and Gold prices are dropping. Buying time?

I'll most likely shit myself

I don't have a link, but just read the the US mint has suspended Sliver Eagle sales until August. Said the mint ran out of zilver. Strange.

Do you have a robot?
    I have bought from JM Bullion and had very good luck with them. They have silver and I did not see they were having problems with their inventory.
    http://www.jmbullion.com/silver/silv...irculated-ase/
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

Claims to have NEVER worn pink. Likely story.

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    I don't have a link, but just read the the US mint has suspended Sliver Eagle sales until August. Said the mint ran out of zilver. Strange.
    Yeah, they are likely flying off the shelves at this price... I recall when it was a great buy in the mid 20's per ounce... Makes me cringe when I look at what I paid for a small amount a few years ago.
    It is, of course, obvious that speed, or height of fall, is not in itself injurious ... but a high rate of change of velocity, such as occurs after a 10 story fall onto concrete, is another matter.

Do you have a robot?
    Bacpacker you are right about the coins being suspended until August 1st. I saw that on JMs site yesterday. They are doing presale at $18.31 now. So it might be time to do some shopping.

I'll most likely shit myself

Unless prices are high, it's always time to buy silver. Gold cost so much, that is a planned buy in my mind. But silver is almost a regular purchase item.

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    On Tuesday after the global meltdown, I invested a good sum on silver for my stepmother from JM Bullion. I tried to place my order, but had a question, as they at that time had no silver flat bars in one ounce. The did a few minutes earlies, so I tried to call, and the call was dropped after being on hold for 45 minutes, so with my order I also had to get hand poured bars, which were $2 more an ounce. The pressed bars re-appeared on the site after I placed my order. So I looked up their rules, which states after an order has been placed, it can't be changed...fair enough. But the do have a policy where they will buy back silver if not shipped minus some fees and such...fair enough. So I called the next day, another 30 minute hold, and told them I wanted flat bars, not hand poured. The woman on the phone politely told me there was nothing I could do, except cancel my entire order which I didn't want to do, and after a few minutes of questions, she asked me if I wanted to talk to a manager, and I said yes. I too was very polite, not hostile, just wanted to know the policy of what to do in the future. After talking to the manager, again a long wait, he agreed to exchange them for me. So, as of right now, I'm a happy camper, and would suggest this company...but I'll let you know when the silver arrives. They told me if they are out of something, just wait a few minutes, it should come back in stock in a few minutes...especially pressed one ounce bars.

[IMG][/IMG]

Do you have a robot?
    When I buy silver I like the silver eagles in one ounce weights. People recognize these so I am also looking at potentially using them in barter situations but also for investment. There are a lot of people out there that say silver is too heavy to carry and I then tell them to buy gold. They tell me gold it too expensive. So they have to make up their minds what to get, I find a lot of people just want to be told what is best.

may be in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by realist View Post
    When I buy silver I like the silver eagles in one ounce weights. People recognize these so I am also looking at potentially using them in barter situations but also for investment. There are a lot of people out there that say silver is too heavy to carry and I then tell them to buy gold. They tell me gold it too expensive. So they have to make up their minds what to get, I find a lot of people just want to be told what is best.
    My policy is to buy rounds. Rounds have the composition, purity, and weight of the round stamped on them.

Coins may or may not have all three of those values on them, and have arbitrary specie values, which has always been confusing.

The basic round sizes are 1 ozt, 1/2 ozt, 1/4 ozt, and 1/10 ozt. (ozt = ounce troy, 31.1grams)

I've stuck heavily with the ounces and have some of the fractionals for making change.

Bars tend to be much heavier. My experience has been 1 ozt, 5 ozt, 10 ozt, 1 kg ( 32 & 3/20 ozt) and 100 ozt.

By "heavier" the parties in question likely meant too much VOLUME for weight and value. Thanks, but what little gold I will ever have will be MUCH less than silver by a factor of XXXX. That and some poor schmo with worn silver will be far less of a target for theft than a guy trading in gold.

Apologies if it sounds like lecturing. I've spent the last four years trying to make up for the three years of missed chances before that in silver, with a lot of learning and admittedly mixed success.

Kesephist

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Quote Originally Posted by Kesephist View Post
    My policy is to buy rounds. Rounds have the composition, purity, and weight of the round stamped on them.

Coins may or may not have all three of those values on them, and have arbitrary specie values, which has always been confusing.

^^This
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

I've used Scottsdale in the past with pretty good results.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.