Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Surprise...domeguy lives in a dome

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    Just in case anyone missed it, Snipe-T was kind enough to post the pictures for me. I want you to knowi it was kind of you to do so. Thank you so much Sniper-T for posting the pictures for me. I owe my gratitude and if ever need anything, just let know, I'll be there.
    Also the two of you are pretty close (compared to the rest of the world

Ummmmmmmmm...ok..........It looks like the new meds the neurologist put me on may just have a tiny little side effect.
    What I was trying to say was thanks to Sniper T for posting the pictures for me, and thanks to everyone who likes our dome home.
    Last edited by Domeguy; 04-26-2013 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Spelling

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Nuthin like a little man luv. . . its all good man!
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

Great dwelling Dome. BTW The concrete dome concept is very popular in India. What I have in mind is more like a Seneca longhouse.

http://www.warpaths2peacepipes.com/n.../longhouse.htm
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

Bacon saver

I can speak from personal experience that they have a very nice home. Now you do have to have a stout vehicle to get up that driveway though. We thought the house was pretty cool, nice open floorplan.Too bad it was dark when we got there I would have loved to look around the property too.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Brownwater Riverrat 13 View Post
    I can speak from personal experience that they have a very nice home. Now you do have to have a stout vehicle to get up that driveway though. We thought the house was pretty cool, nice open floorplan.Too bad it was dark when we got there I would have loved to look around the property too.
    Thank you, but I was glad it dark. We have a company come by every month and fertilize the weeds. The place has never been landscaped, and still has spots where broken concrete blocks and small pieces of plywood can be seen. It's only been 6 years since we built
    And moved in. That's like yesterday in elephant years. I follow the motto "don't do today what can be put off until later."
    A stout vehicle...I haven't the slightest idea of what you are talking about.

Thanks for all the interest in my dome home, but the main question is "What have you done to turn your average home into a prepper home, or what special qualities have you had custom built if it is a new home." For example, I built the cupola with 10 windows to bring in as much natural light as possible, and put in the sky light so when the sun gets far enough in the afternoon, the light comes in through the skylight to light up the living/dining room and kitchen.

Reviving the necro post. It been snowing here this morning, just about 1/2 inch, but it makes for a lazy day. So I've been reading a lot of back logged posts I have never read, and I came upon this one. Does anyone else live in a non-traditional home, or one that has been modified to fit into your prepping lifestyle? Have you done any energy modifications to make it more energy efficient, installed solar, geothermal, nuclear fusion reactor, ect? Without breaking opsec,do you have a secret entrance/exit as a back up? Do you have a bunker, or plan on installing one? As you know, I've built a dome, and after living in it for several yrs, it occurred to me, we have three doors, all facing the same general direction. So we have no way to sneak out. I plan to in the future take out one window in the sunroom, turn it into a door and giving me a rear exit. About 20' from that door, I want to dig into the hill and install a grand daddy of all root cellars, almost a bunker, to store extra food and supplies. It would have a reinforced door that would be hidden. Still all I the planning stage...but what kind of things do you have, or plan to have at your Prepper Ponderosa?

may be in trouble

I never quite understood why domes really didn't take off in old Rome.They already had the fundamental units well understood and in use, being the arch and the vaulted ceiling.

Sadly, DG, my best hopes will be in the sandstone of the west side of the central part of the Spring Mountain range out here. Finding a relatively small mouthed cave, closing it off and carefully hand mining it out, using the "tailings" for connected outbuildings... something along the lines of the Pueblo Indians' constructions, now that I think on't.

Well, then I saw your twin brother in tv last month. It was a show, maybe Discovery channel, following 4-5 people living off grid. One was living in a cave system in Arkansas. He would dig for minerals to sell for ammo and barter. And just between you and me, he seemed just a bit south on his compass. So be careful my friend, keep your wits about you and watch out for cave-ins. I just hope you will let me come to visit, as I love caves. And for the Romans, they were quite the builders, but didn't seem to do many small scale domes for the masses, until Bucksamus Fullerium came into power...and as they say, the rest is history!
    Amended...domes are still fairly rare to run across, but oddly, there are two others very near to Lynchburg, and within an hrs drive, there are 5 others in the area, and of the 8, 3 are concrete monolithic domes, made by American Ingenuity Domes.