Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Emergency Loadout

For the Love of Cats

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    ------------

BCM03 Harness

The BCM03 harness incorporates a hydration bladder into an highly functional, easy to adjust harness.

So from right to left:
    2 30rnd PMAGs 5.56x45
    2 Glock 23 mags .40s&w
    2 30rnd PMAGs 5.56 x 45
    1 TQ in a Blue Force Gear TQ Now!
    Med Shears

That's it. Like I said, this is a lightweight and simple rig.
    I love that rig!!! with some different pouches, it would be perfect for a bazillion things! First and formost... hunting and trapping!

gotta keep an eye out for one of them.

TX Stig!

Let him know if you need 550 cord, a hank of generic rope, and some duct tape

Here's my BOB rig. I'll do a more in depth review at some point, but it has all the necessary junk in it. Sorry for the crappy picture quality, I really need a better camera.

I'm planning on getting Tactical Tailor's ALICE straps and belt for this thing. I've rucked this pack and while it's doable, it's not the most comfortable bastard to wear.

Crotch Rocket

That its not. How much does it weigh? I pulled the frame off my medium, and while it feels like its sitting a bit funny its still much more comfortable than it was. I, uh, blew out the pack I had pictured in this thread and went to this as a replacement.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

As it sits right there, canteens empty, roughly 40lbs - not too bad. It's missing a few things so I plan on 50lbs. On my "training exercises" I toss a 15lb weight in the pack to simulate added load from a simple "combat rig" I am putting together and plan to carry as well.

My goal is to avoid combat at all costs, but I'm still going to be packing a rifle or two, plus ammunition.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Crotch Rocket

Quote Originally Posted by MegaCPC View Post
    As it sits right there, canteens empty, roughly 40lbs - not too bad. It's missing a few things so I plan on 50lbs. On my "training exercises" I toss a 15lb weight in the pack to simulate added load from a simple "combat rig" I am putting together and plan to carry as well.

My goal is to avoid combat at all costs, but I'm still going to be packing a rifle or two, plus ammunition.
    I'll have to check, but iirc correctly, you're going to want to keep the frame then. I think its something like 30 pounds max if you go frameless. Like I said though, I'll have to double check.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Mine is the large pack, so I need the frame for the straps to attach to. Plus I like the way it sits, very solid. The belt isn't even that bad, its just the shoulder straps that bring the suck. Very little padding.

Not to mention the frame can be used without the pack to transport other things that would be hard to lug by themselves, like a water container.

Claptrap's Problem Solver

Ok...so while I'm a firm believer that many "preppers" love to fantasize about some goofy MadMax scenario where the world collapses and we're all reduced to fighting Yugoslav style, it doesn't mean that I don't prep for that eventuality.

So with that said, here's my plate carrier. This would go over top of the war belt shown below.

The carrier is a Blue Force Gear LMAC. The plates are Gamma Plus III+ rifle plates.

As you can see the load is pretty basic: 4 PMAGs (3 in a standard shingle, one in a fastmag), tourniquet in a TQ now, two pistol mags, and an izzy bandage and packet of celox in the compass case.

This is the right side-armor pouch. Instead of using the included elastic strap/cummerbund, I bought a pair of Ares Armor buckles. So instead of ripping the front panel up (there's velcro under the 3 mag shingle) to pull the cummerbund strap into place, I just snap a couple of buckles.

I'm contemplating a set of side plates but honestly as a fat-civilian type I wonder if the cost is warranted. And frankly, as a certified fat-ass-civilian, if my world has deteriorated into running & gunning I've done something very wrong. In my mind this PC would most likely see use in a Katrina style meltdown or a class so is the extra weight penalty outweigh the extra protection?

If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

GunnerMax
    stig, on my vest that I wear everyday, I have sideplates. They are heavy and bulky. IMO, not worth the weight/cumbersomeness. The plates protect a VERY small area of my body, but hinder me very much. So, I would suggest against sideplates

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Ok...so while I'm a firm believer that many "preppers" love to fantasize about some goofy MadMax scenario where the world collapses and we're all reduced to fighting Yugoslav style, it doesn't mean that I don't prep for that eventuality.

So with that said, here's my plate carrier. This would go over top of the war belt shown below.

The carrier is a Blue Force Gear LMAC. The plates are Gamma Plus III+ rifle plates.

As you can see the load is pretty basic: 4 PMAGs (3 in a standard shingle, one in a fastmag), tourniquet in a TQ now, two pistol mags, and an izzy bandage and packet of celox in the compass case.

This is the right side-armor pouch. Instead of using the included elastic strap/cummerbund, I bought a pair of Ares Armor buckles. So instead of ripping the front panel up (there's velcro under the 3 mag shingle) to pull the cummerbund strap into place, I just snap a couple of buckles.

I'm contemplating a set of side plates but honestly as a fat-civilian type I wonder if the cost is warranted. And frankly, as a certified fat-ass-civilian, if my world has deteriorated into running & gunning I've done something very wrong. In my mind this PC would most likely see use in a Katrina style meltdown or a class so is the extra weight penalty outweigh the extra protection?

I'm at the point that I wish my regular vest didn't have the side protection so I could put the panels in a plate carrier My plate carrier is much like your with a detachable cumberbund, which is going away cause I don't have side armor, and don't need the extra MOLLE acreage right now or for classes. When I start instructing CHL, and pistol/rifle classes, I plan on having a RED or similar color carrier that is MOLLE compatible for small pouches, but more for easy on-off, and prevention of accidental shooting by people of unknown skill as a range officer/instructor. For this next impromptu rifle class with my instructor friends, I'm going to just use a rigid foam insert in place of the armor panels front and rear for extra stability purposes, and to simulate the thickness of the panels I want, and to provide a more rigid platform for the pouches on the vest, I've seen carriers without panels "flex" when mags are pulled out rapidly, so I don't want to do that.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.