Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Emergency Loadout

Claptrap's Problem Solver

So it sounds like the side plates are probably an unwise expenditure. Thanks for the input.
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    So it sounds like the side plates are probably an unwise expenditure. Thanks for the input.

I was never a fan of them. I see the point, if you're overseas. One thing to consider is that while side plates do offer some protection, the also hamper mobility. I'll sacrifice the plates for mobility any day of the week. Anyone who has had to wear them would probably agree with me.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

At it again.......

Revamped the Rig again.......

LBT 6094M
    Tac Tailor 3 mag shingle
    Tac Tailor Magna-Mag pistol pouch
    2 LBT Single mag pouches
    HSGI Bleeder
    LBT Smoke grenade Pouch
    LBT single mag pouch w/ Gerber
    Motorola Saber
    Small dump pouch on right side

Eagle Hydration pouch
    Emdom Wide Load

VTac Brokos
    Cobra Inner Belt
    CQB-1
    Surefire Z2
    Small dump
    Emdom IAP (behind dump)
    DBT quad pistol pouch

I still like to run my safariland drop holster on my trouser belt
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Crotch Rocket

I might recommend, based on the related experiences of others, that you get a pouch for that TQ on your bleeder pouch. Narescue makes the one I use now. Pretty inexpensive insurance from what I hear.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Crotch Rocket

Thanks for the reminder, btw. I keep meaning to get an IFAK or BOK back on my second line.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

NVG....totally a work deduction!

Ok, so based on what I've seen in this thread and others on this site, I have revamped my gear. I never previously had a "battle belt" simply a web belt with my pistol holster and magazine carriers. The purpose is to carry a base load, which will supplement other equipment, but also provide the bare necessities to defend myself and survive

So here is what I have from my left side around my waist and to my right side,
    in a small pocket I have:
    water filter, lighter, three bottles of medications (pain, broad spectrum antibiotic, vitamin c/multivitamin), batteries (two sets for each electronic device), a roll of fish line, duct tape, stainless steel wire, small roll of paracord, 4 safety pins

behind that a pocket with:
    primary compartment with a large ALS white smoke grenade
    pistol magazine pouches on each side, each with a glock 17 magazine holding 17 rounds of 9mm federal hydrashock ammo

behind that a pouch with a PVS14 gen3 nightvision monocular

a pouch in the back containing:
    garbage bags (2), datrex ration bars, plastic trowel, toilet paper, first aid kit

a pouch that holds a stainless steel water bottle

a holster for my glock 19, with TLR2s light/laser, and jpoint red dot sight, extended threaded barrel

a sheath containing my leatherman surge, a second sheath with bit set

Essentially this is the first piece of gear I put on, and is designed to provide the bare necessities. I have plans to upgrade and reorganize, as well as add to it. First order is to separate the first aid kit for quicker access to the first aid kit by separating it from the other gear.

Next I am waiting for some more funds to obtain a suppressor for my glock, which I plan to put in a pouch right in front of the night vision, or in front of my grenade/mag pouch depending on how it feels.

I will work on getting pictures up soon. Any suggestions are appreciated, what am I missing? (aside from a fixed blade knife, which I will take suggestions on as well)

Quote Originally Posted by izzyscout21 View Post
    Next is the belt
    Always have a question about the guys with belts, so I'll ask it here. I don't mean to pick on you

I started out in the Army in the days of LBEs, then LBVs....then finished with IOTVs etc.
    In my civilian job I've worn a gun belt for years. Nowadays I wear the gun belt with suspenders to take the weight off my hips
    Bottom line, why do none of you guys with these belts wear any sort of load-bearing suspenders....I see a ton of gear on a wait belt, and all I can think of is the long term effects of that weight without any of the burden being taken up by the shoulders.

My car kit has old school LBE , plus a work plate carrier that I can throw on if I needed to.
    Not sure I'd want all that weight on my hips alone over a prolonged period.
    Last edited by tc556guy; 06-10-2012 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tc556guy View Post
    Bottom line, why do none of you guys with these belts wear any sort of load-bearing suspenders....I see a ton of gear on a wait belt, and all I can think of is the long term effects of that weight without any of the burden being taken up by the shoulders.

My car kit has old school LBE , plus a work plate carrier that I can throw on if I needed to.
    Not sure I'd want all that weight on my hips alone over a prolonged period.
    The designs of many of the belts negate the effectiveness of the belt. In some cases, suspenders are warranted when running heavier loads. In other instances, such as my example above, there is not enough weight to make much of a difference.

By design, many of your modern battle belts (not duty belts) are designed to cinch down very snugly, providing support to the user.

It all depends what you are using the belt for.

I usually dont like to run suspenders in conjunction with my vest unless I have to. Sometimes the vest and the suspender straps dont get along.

I do not have BOB. I can not bug out, medical reasons. I do like the list that some people have and it has given me ideas to where to increase my equipment. I have noticed one thing that some of you may like to add to your equipment and that is a stainless steel thermos. I used to put hot soup in with some rice or noodles and when I stopped for a break I did not have to heat something up to eat. I use a wide mouth thermos so it is easier get the food out. It may be a little heavy but having a hot meal when on the run can make a lot of difference.

I'll most likely shit myself

Welcome in Rep. I cant recall seeing you on before.