Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Your Emergency Loadout

Crotch Rocket

I totally forgot about this thread soon after I last posted, but I'll get a new pic up asap. I have a Marz Combat Medic Pouch mounted on a TT Mini-MAV that I think will be a good fit for one of the roles I'm educating and training for.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Crotch Rocket

Ok, here it is:

I tried loading it as something of an E&E kit, but felt like it got too heavy for its size, so I decided to see how much of a difference a load of med supplies would make. I don't have everything I want or need yet, and the current contents are subject to change, but so far I do have:

In the loops -
    2, izzy dressings
    1, compressed gauze
    Tweezers
    Plastic sheeting (improvised chest seal)
    Triangular bandage
    4, tongue depressors
    Emergency blanket

I (obviously) used the drawstring to dummy cord some med tape in.

In the mesh pocket -
    Eletrolyte packet
    2, 3" x ? Gauze rolls
    10, 4" x 4" gauze pads
    A gauze compression sleeve I cant remember the name of
    SAM Splint
    10, bandaids
    2 doses, Immodium
    4 doses, 200 mg Motrin
    4 doses, 25 mg antihistamine

I know, off the top of my head, that I need: exam gloves, an exam light, head lamp, shears, and at least 2 ea. in CAT's, NPA's, and Asherman or Hyfin chest seals, and chest decomp needles.

Oh, and training. I think any additional certs I carry will only help in a couple years.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

I'll most likely shit myself

Good looking set up. Pretty well stocked.

Good start. Make sure the tweezers you carry will do what you want (they have to be sharp for splinter removal, for example). You can use the plastic wrapper from something as a chest seal, until you get a good one.

Gloves are cheap, they don't have to be sterile. A flashlight and headlamp from other gear is fine. Dummy cord your shears or use a retractable lanyard.

Crotch Rocket

Thanks guys. Good point (amongst the others) on the tweezers, Fidel. I'll add upgrading them to my to-do list as I work through it all.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Crotch Rocket

Hey Fidel, when you say "good start" is there anything more you think I should have, or is it more because I don't have it finished yet? After some review I can see I also lack hemostatic agents, for which I'm thinking four Quikclot Combat Gauze, and a skin marker/ sharpie. Otherwise I feel like I pretty much have the basics covered.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Bacon saver

Quote Originally Posted by Fidel MD View Post
    Good start. Make sure the tweezers you carry will do what you want (they have to be sharp for splinter removal, for example). You can use the plastic wrapper from something as a chest seal, until you get a good one.

Gloves are cheap, they don't have to be sterile. A flashlight and headlamp from other gear is fine. Dummy cord your shears or use a retractable lanyard.
    On the "sucking chest wound" we were trained to use something as simple as an ID/credit card, drivers license from their wallet. doubles for identifications as well. A little tape and it made a good seal..............oh and keep the short side open.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

Crotch Rocket

Pirates carried valid ID and credit cards!? I can see how one would help keep their booty safe, but I'd have never thought...

More to the point, I'd have never thought to use a card like that to seal a chest wound. Thanks 'rat!
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

I'll most likely shit myself

I would have thought something more flexible would have worked better. A CC dont flex much. Guess thats not important..

I use the Kifaru Xing as my 72 hour Bug out Bag. Its a bombproof pack. if your not familiar with Kifaru Gear. I highly recommend them.

Here is what I keep with me 24/7 never know when SIGTHTF so I always stayed Prepared. Enjoy!

List of the Kit...
    Kifaru Paratarp
    Climate Pad
    HPG Mountain Serape in a small 3 string kifaru stuff sack.
    5x8 heat reflecting tarp (lay on ground in the Paratarp
    Shemagh
    3 liter 100oz Camelbak low profile bladder
    Seirus xtreme gloves and a hat
    Primus ETA Cook set with stove fuel and pot
    Survival Candle from Bigsky
    Surival evasion book also from Bigsky (Thanks again buddy)
    Maxpedition case with all of my first aid kit
    Rain coat (Forgot the brand but its a decent one)
    TP
    Esee 4
    Buck Vantage Folder
    Leatherman Rebar
    Fenix PD35
    Zebralight 502 headlamp
    5 spare batteries Lithium 3.6 volts each (Both the Zebra and Fenix use these)
    Garmin GPS60csx
    Vortex Ranger 1000 Range Finder (Use this for its magnification and its a heck of a lot smaller to carry then my Binos)
    Cold Steel Inferno 3.5 ounce can of kick ass
    3 days worth of Energy Food, Energy Bars, Fruit nut candy mix, snickers, Justins PB, Tuna Packets, All lightweight high protien and calorie type stuff. Lots of drink mixes coffee and rehydrate Tablets This is in 2 of the Kifaru Pouches.
    Another has my toiletry stuff, aka toothbrush toothpaste flossers Wipes.
    Another Pouch has my Sawyer water filter with a back up 64 ounce Sawyer water pouch.
    Last possible Pouch has my little stuff,

Wetfire, compass, another mini light, swiss army, 4 ways to start a fire, Matches flint steel bic lighter ect.

Almost forgot attached to the Xing is a KU Possible pouch which has 50 foot of paracord zipties and some other nylon twine.

All of this fits in the Xing