Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Setting up "The Net"

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    I agree with ya there, it will become more and more important as we progress down the rabbit hole.
    As a personal thought. . .I would prefer we have secure commo amongst those of us here, mainly because, with the exception of a very small group, Im not sure I would trust others. Folks here have convinced me of their mindset, and their intentions, the same cant be said for others in other forums of groups. I have no issue with having commo with other groups, but I think I would prefer that our "group" have its own freq's set up for themselves.
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

may be in trouble

I completely agree that there should be a list of Freqs that the colonist should have so when they are in a particular state, the colonist could start transmitting on that freq to make connection with other colony members. Not sure if those freqs should be placed into this forum, but emailed or snail mailed for OPSEC.

My thoughts is to have 5 base freqs

NorthWest
    SouthWest
    NorthEast
    Southeast
    Central

This would be the SHTF freqs so everyone in the respected areas will be on the same page.

Thoughts?
    Yes, a 15 month necropost.

Nephew Norbert (NSA goon, similar to the FCC's Uncle Charlie) is pretty much able to get any email he wants. So I would NOT suggest sending frq lists via email.

The expensive notion of sending such lists Priority Mail is about the best I can come up with for secure, shy of being able to hand it off face to face.

Interesting notion of divvying up the place. For the lower 48, the geographic center of the US is in NW Kansas, I think. Use about a 300 mile radius for the Central, and then quarter off the rest.

Technician license being the lowest common denominator for today's hams, I suggest freq lists in all the allocated bandwidths for that license. I don't have them on tap at this moment, but I know there is more than just 70 cm and 2m. And I'd recommend more than one frq per band, just in case.

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    In keeping up with the spirit of keeping up "the net", I would like to thank Brownriver Riverrat for keeping a fire under my butt, and helping me physically, mentally, and spirituality to pass my HAM radio test. I missed it by one question yesterday, and due to his perseverance, I went today and passed it. Thank you BWRR, let the man hugs commence.

I'll most likely shit myself

EXCELLENT job DG! Just spoke with BWRR last night, he said he was gonna keep the flame hot for another day.

Seriously CONGRATS

Premium Member
    Congrats DG!! I started on the General 2 years ago and got sidetracked with life. I plan to get back on it this winter.
    Don't wrestle with pigs; you'll get all muddy and the pigs will love it!

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    Thank you, and I plan on communicating with the whole world, to bring about a new era, bring forth good will toward all men, to bring please to all the lands...but first I need to find out how to turn this damn thing on...no, not that one...maybe if I fiddle with this knob on the left...

may be in trouble

Technician license test out here early Sept, just hope I can afford the works for it to be used. Dry run tests via eham are promising, and somewhere, in this bleedin' bucket o chips, I have part 97, ready to print out. Will be one each studyin' creature.

may be in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by Kesephist View Post

Technician license being the lowest common denominator for today's hams, I suggest freq lists in all the allocated bandwidths for that license. I don't have them on tap at this moment, but I know there is more than just 70 cm and 2m. And I'd recommend more than one frq per band, just in case.
    Newly derived from the ARRL's amateur band plan, the allocated voice frequencies for the Technician license.

HF band

10 meters 28.3-28.5 MHz

*Note: Single Side Band only

VHF band

1.25 Meters 222.0 - 225.0 MHz
    2 Meters 144.0 - 148.0 MHz
    6 Meters 50.1 - 54.0 MHz

UHF band

70 cm 420.0 - 450.0 MHz
    33 cm 902.0 - 928.0 MHz
    23 cm 1240.0 - 1300.0 MHz

I hope this helps. It has done wonders weeding for me on flea-bay. (Would have had a Icom 2100 three days ago there, but for some miserable bid-sniper, probably a shill, in the last forty seconds)

CC Gray Panther
    Quote Originally Posted by Domeguy View Post
    Thank you, and I plan on communicating with the whole world, to bring about a new era, bring forth good will toward all men, to bring please to all the lands...but first I need to find out how to turn this damn thing on...no, not that one...maybe if I fiddle with this knob on the left...

Damn It D.G.!!!
    Kick the damn thing it always works for me.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Quote Originally Posted by Domeguy View Post
    In keeping up with the spirit of keeping up "the net", I would like to thank Brownriver Riverrat for keeping a fire under my butt, and helping me physically, mentally, and spirituality to pass my HAM radio test. I missed it by one question yesterday, and due to his perseverance, I went today and passed it. Thank you BWRR, let the man hugs commence.
    Well it's about dang time!
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.