Thread: Consumer Confidence Dips

Claptrap's Problem Solver

Consumer Confidence Dips

Original story HERE at Foxnews

US consumers slightly less confident in economy this month on dimmer outlook for jobs, wages
    Published September 24, 2013
    Associated Press

WASHINGTON – Americans' confidence in the economy fell slightly in September from August, as many became less optimistic about hiring and pay increases over the next six months.

The Conference Board, a New York-based private research group, says its consumer confidence index dropped to 79.7 in September. That's down from August's reading of 81.8, which was slightly higher than previously estimated.

Consumers' confidence is closely watched because their spending accounts for 70 percent of economic activity. While confidence has bounced back from the depths of the Great Recession, it has yet to regain a reading of 90 that typically coincides with a healthy economy.
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

I'll most likely shit myself

The consumer confidance has never came back from 08. The way prices on food and energy are climbing and very few people getting decent raises if any at all, i don't see that changing any time soon. Of course like the inflation numbers getting screwed with, they can make them say anything they want them to.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

I have stopped buying all but the essentials. Sucks having to pass on gun stuff, and things like that.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

I'll most likely shit myself

Same here. Tryin like hell to kill off some debt we've had to take on this year. Should be stockin the crap outta supplies and food instead.