Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Cargo Trailer Conversion

In his experience the hammer head is better

Been a while since an update. Things have been progressing slowly as funds have dried up due to needing a mechanical fuel pump for my truck.

I installed the water inlet, half the insulation, and the shore power plug. I also purchased a 20 gallon fresh water tank, propane cooktop/stove, and and electrical distribution box. I was initially going to buy a distribution box/inverter/battery charger. However this isn't emp proof so I went with a 12v and 110 fuse panel.

The plugs are all 110, the lights are all led and are 12v. There will also be a triple 12v plug. I wanted separate systems because post SHTF we can pull a inverter from a faraday cage and we will be forced to be liberal with our solar/batteries. The solar panels will have a dedicated charger for the batteries and will be a 200 watt system.

The water inlet is both a gravity fill and a pressurized system. Post SHTF I can fill by hand but if our electric pump is running at the Bol I can hook right into it. Toilet will be a small 5gallon porta potty enclosed. The only water use will be the sink so I plan to get a foot pump for the sink. Showers will be of the outdoor type and probably not too warm . However I'm toying with the idea of a black roof mounted gravity hot water setup...which will only work in the summer.

I'll upload pics later.
    "When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty." Thomas Jefferson
    "It's less dangerous, to run across a wild animal than a stranger." Vasily Peskov

I do a little tinkering myself,and thinking about your summer-only shower, I think something like this could extend your season...
    http://www.campingshowerworld.com/th...hard-case.html
    You might want to consider using a 12Volt pump in place of the 6V it comes with,since you are already considering solar.
    Hot showers and flush toilets ( or Portable toilets ) seem to go a LONG way towards making "happy" campers

Do you have a robot?
    How is the trailer working out?

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Err, if we dont get some picture updates here soon, theres gonna be hell to pay!
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

For the Love of Cats

^
    that!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Yea. . . its kind of like going to a rub & tug massage parlor and only getting the rub.
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.