Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Basement Aquaponics

I'll most likely shit myself

We park the cars in our basement so access is no problem. I have an area in mind to set things up at that is away from the garage doors and will be as stable temperature wise as anywhere I have. I'll just have to provide lighting and run some electric to the area, which I need to do anyway.

Plantwise, I'll try anything to see how they'll perform. Peppers, tomatos, greens, etc will be the start up. Cukes, squash, onions, carrots would also be on the list.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

I never had much luck with things like carrots, and onions. The rocks don't give way was easy as dirt for the root vegetables to grow. Except for beets, i had a lot of luck with beets. Tomatoes grow like crazy, sure wish I liked them.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

Wonder why beets work and not carrots? I'll have to figure out onions, we eat a ton of those.
    Do your tomatos bear a lot per plant? Enough to can?

I think because most of the beet is above the ground level. Where carrots are completely below.

Yes the tomatoes had lots of tomatoes.

Good lookin beets. Onion bulb up much better sitting g above the level of ground. Def8netly something g to work on once I get started.

How long did it take for the fish to "seed" the water once you put them in? How long did you wait after filling the tubs to put the fish in?

I put fish in immediately, but don't put to many until the bacteria gets established.

Claims to have NEVER worn pink. Likely story.

Heck of a setup... Its been a while since i have toyed with hydroponics, I actually spent around 9 months on it for a school project at one point. Never did have any good results, likely due in part to not regulating numerous variables I could have like temperature and nutrients in the water. Can't really get into it at the moment due to my location but its always in the back of my mind.
    It is, of course, obvious that speed, or height of fall, is not in itself injurious ... but a high rate of change of velocity, such as occurs after a 10 story fall onto concrete, is another matter.

I have still yet to grow a brain
    Got 3 different types of lettuce growing, parsley, basil, oregano and lavender. Drying out the basil and eating salads weekly.
    [IMG][/IMG]