Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Water the final frontier...

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Texas owns all surface water. So the water in my pond is actually owned by the state of Texas. I believe they do this for fighting forest fires.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

For the Love of Cats

They don't 'own' the water here, but if you have it, and they need it for fighting fires, they will use it. You have the right to refuse, but doing so will guarantee how hard they will fight to save your property/home.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Do you have a robot?
    As of January of this year the State now owns all the water. This is to control the amount of use however it appears the major farms and corporations have control of huge majority of the water. Money does talk! There is the potential of the State to put monitors on everyone's well to tax the amount of water use, whether or not that is true only the future will tell. I see with the drought they are stepping in more and the people in the cities have no clue how much water it takes to run even a small farm.
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

I have still yet to grow a brain
    Colorado owns all the moisture. You can not capture or reroute the water. It is currently in the process for review.

http://water.state.co.us/DWRIPub/Doc...waterFlyer.pdf

And I believe an executive order has been written in the last month or so that basically allows the government to control all bodies of water. And if the internet is true that includes puddles as well. Hence the wording moisture...

In my location in So. Calif. we generally have very little summer rainfall. In a typical July/August we will have zero rain. Knowing that background, does it make any sense to build a system based on 55 gallon drums?

We do have a system that uses grey water from our washing machine and use that to water many of our plants.

If you can legally control the water on your land. Yes. Do it it will save you cash and it will train you in the skills needed for the uses you have in mind for that water.