Thread: Making your own fortune with gold and gems

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Where's the epi?

Taz e did that years ago when my son was little and he got some of those gems as well. The guy told us to get a tumbler and put them in that and it would knock off all the junk down to the real stone. We got one but haven't done it yet, don't know what to do with them afterwards either. We wouldn't have known the stones were gems if we weren't told since they look so different in raw form.
    I apologize for nothing...

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Quote Originally Posted by ladyhk13 View Post
    Taz e did that years ago when my son was little and he got some of those gems as well. The guy told us to get a tumbler and put them in that and it would knock off all the junk down to the real stone. We got one but haven't done it yet, don't know what to do with them afterwards either. We wouldn't have known the stones were gems if we weren't told since they look so different in raw form.
    Depending on the size and shape, they can be set in a pendant by wrapping with silver wire. Lots of stuff I cut when I was a kid had been wrapped for my wife over the years, I've got quite a few gifts up my sleeve before I run out of material. I've got the tools and the wire to wrap stuff myself, but no time to teach myself.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.