Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big thanks to River Rat

Where's the epi?

He's putting the time in for sure. He's been like a little kid especially when the guys out there that answer him back on the radio and sy "you're talking on a what??? No shit???" He gets the biggest grin ever but now it's the only thing he talks about. Well that and the new load he's working on.
    Busy guy....do a good job, do a good job. Luv ya honey.
    I apologize for nothing...

Bacon saver

Yeah, ok so I did some loads today. I've been stumbling on "perfecting" a load for the M1A that i built with a few modifications. Izzy came down with a load that worked quite well (39.0gr IMR3031 so I needed to adapt it to a military case.........you have to knock it down about a grain and half for a .308. Anyway.......this is what I came up with. 37.4/37.5/37.6/37.7..............168 gr SMK on top of 37.6gr of IMR3031 2009 Lake City case with Federal 210 primer COAL 2.80" the 5 shot group results at 100yds were purdy good.

Be safe.............the night is your friend.

Bacon saver

Now just a tid bit of information for you guys. This is not a bolt gun with a 2lb. trigger. We're talking about a semi automatic rifle with a 4.5lb trigger. Some other things about my rifle It was known as a "golden age" M1A. Meaning it was one of the last ones built with GI parts. The barrel is a TRW, so I didn't change that, no match stuff there, the bolt is TRW as well. I did change the op rod, Fulton Armory Match, complete gas system and shimmed that. Did a trigger job and brought that down to 4.5lbs. Now it's nice and smooth, and breaks clean and crisp. (for 4.5lbs) Installed a Sadlak scope mount, op rod spring guide and mag release. Topped it off with a Vortex Viper 6.5-20x44. then swapped the stock with the ArchAngel Good solid stock, I like it, it's inexpensive compared to the overpriced anal retentive other shit, and super tight fitting to the receiver. Adjustable stock length and cheek riser good positive locking adjustments too, not cheeply made. "I" really like it and recommend it for anyone in the market for a good stock not wanting to break the bank. Shop for prices, do your own research and reviews............OK now you know and I've ran my mouth long enough. I probably left out a few other mods not giving away all my secrets but it shoots pretty damn nice with that particular load. Guess it's time to make a few more BB's and stretch it out on the range, eh? Like I said this ones not mine (picture)but I grabbed it off the net to show you what the stock looks like.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    I thought that was a J.A.E. stock there for a second until I read your description, Thats the one Im looking at picking up for my m1A build as soon as time permits.
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

Bacon saver

Quote Originally Posted by Stormfeather View Post
    I thought that was a J.A.E. stock there for a second until I read your description, Thats the one Im looking at picking up for my m1A build as soon as time permits.
    Give Izzy a holler he's wrapped his grubby "Army" fingers around it. He can tell you first hand other than me if it's worth a shit. At least you'll get another opinion.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownwater Riverrat 13 View Post
    Give Izzy a holler he's wrapped his grubby "Army" fingers around it. He can tell you first hand other than me if it's worth a shit. At least you'll get another opinion.
    Not sure I would trust his opinion. . .knowing where his grubby dick mitts has been!

Yea, I will hit him up, been wanting some other options versus the damn chassis system thats going to cost my son his college fund!
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

Bacon saver

Well I can't tell you about reducing group size after changing the stock. But I can tell you that it is an extremely tight fit. Well made and it doesn't cost as much as a Barrett. I have spent more time developing the right load for this rifle than I have putting a factory load through it. Lake City Match shot a 3" group at 100 yds. (not impressed) Just finished reading an article in the latest Shooting Times where they test Springfield M-21 and the best group they had was 1.08" using Black hills 175gr. So I'm not feeling too bad about the rifle I've built.