Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My latest ride

Claptrap's Problem Solver

Nice looking ride.

Much jealous.
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

Sand bagging your thread.....l just picked up an 04 F-150 today.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

Crotch Rocket

Another great truck right there, imo! Congrats!

I was starting to look at them when I found my Ranger. It will be my next truck for sure.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

I went with the extended cab, 8 ft bed, Triton V8.....someone might say overkill (not anyone on this site with our line of thinking of course) My daughter said it would make it easier to cut through a yard if needed, kids, where do they learn such things...lol
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

Crotch Rocket

Lol. Kids are great for creative ideas. I say she gets bonus points for coming up with a*plausible scenario this time.

I'm certainly not going to call it overkill either. I had my reasons for picking the Ranger, but I knew going in it would have limitations when compared to an F150. I hit one yesterday, actually. I lack the bed length and width to lay a sheet of OSB flat. It sticks up and over my tailgate. Incidentally, I was also the smallest truck at the lumber yard. It looked like a Ford convention in the lot and they were all full-sized trucks. You'd blend right in up here.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Bacon saver

I have to chime in on the plywood thing. I have a 99 Urban Assault Vehicle (Suburban) what I really love about that is when I happen to remember things in town I can always fold the rear seats down and throw drywall, plywood, etc right in the back no problems. I've hauled just about everything you could think of with that thing from tractors to motorcycles, all the debris from our remodeling job on the house. I am the KING of the tire plugs down at the CO-OP though. It's going to be a very sad day when she dies.............223,000 miles and I'm still nursing her along, runs like a champ. I'm just real religious about maint. I've changed every sensor the "spider" (fuel injectors), radiator, catalitic converters, had a cracked head so I did the valves on both, distributor had a stripped thread for the damn cap so I replaced that, that was less than a $100 (plastic) so I just fixed everything before it becomes a major issue. Now I'd better shut up before I jinx it. Ahhh, the country Cadillac. Damn thing just rides so smooth ya know?
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

Crotch Rocket

That's cool. I've read the Suburban is an incredibly capable vehicle, but I didn't know it would swallow 4x8 sheets whole like that. Do you know how the suspension compares to a pickup? I don't recall reading anything on that specifically.

Having a truck again has me revisiting one of my original transportation ideas too though, from before I got gung ho over acquiring a deuce and a half. The cap has been working out great so far, but if I keep the bed empty-ish for daily driving like I have been I could easily remove it and drop a pre-stocked camper in its place, ready to go on a few moments notice. Beyond that is trailering, but I'm undecided on what I want. There's almost too much to choose from in that regard, and the three styles I have in mind all have different strengths and weaknesses... Oh well, I have time. This isn't very high on my priority list at all.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Bacon saver

To answer your question .......

I own the 1500 series 1/2 ton 2 wheel drive. They make a 2500 series 4x4 which is a 3/4 ton. This is a long bed pick up frame "and that's all I got to say about that."
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

Crotch Rocket

Well, I've been driving mine for a bit now, and I keep catching hell! Lol. It seems that I'm going to need to invest in some storage options, because my gear keeps getting in the way of getting projects done. I have to stop and take time to remove things to haul mulch, lumber, siding... you name it.

I think truckvault boxes might be just the ticket.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!