10 28.57%
  • 51-60

8 22.86%
  • 60+

5 14.29%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Age group.

Bacon saver

51 I think, as for the mind set. I guess I've always had the head for this due to being raised in FL (hurricanes) then the military. Grandpas were always hunting, fishing, fixing their own stuff and passed it along to me. I think my dad gave me the shot of common sense because my two brothers are severely lacking. (Thanks pop) I'm more closely geared into it now since i retired and due to the fact that I don't have a crew to worry about now, just the Lady and a few close family members. So I'm no longer "institutionalized"........
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

CC Gray Panther
    OH you're institutionalized River Rat. You're MARRIED to Lady 13. Doesn't get anymore institutionalized than that brother.
    Last edited by eagle326; 04-04-2014 at 09:14 PM.

Turn 32 end of this month. Have been "consciously" preparing for about 4 years. Had my blinders on pretty tight in my early to mid 20's unfortunately.

I turn 33 this summer. Dang.....that hurts. When the hell did I get so old? I contemplated starting to lie about my age, and a girlfriend suggested I claim to be 10 yrs OLDER! She says if she tells people she is 45 (when actually 35) they tell her she looks AMAZING, lol. It's twisted, but I can see the logic.

I was raised on a farm, we produced most of our own food; gardens, livestock, orchards, etc. Heck, even made maple syrup. And we were dirt poor. I grew up in a tiny log cabin with a cement floor and no indoor plumbing. In northern Wisconsin, btw. I'm not sure it was "prepping" per say, but I was brought up to be self-reliant. That lends itself to the whole prepper mindset.
    "Treason to tyranny is fidelity to liberty."

Looking to learn how to spoon....wait....what's that....oh....MAKE spoons
    Nearly two years since I was last on here, so g'day everyone! Nice to see y'all are still around.

Anyway I'm one of the youngin's at the ripe ol age of 23.

Crotch Rocket

Welcome back Baker.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Welcome back Baker, nice to see ya havent forgotten about us!
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

Let him know if you need 550 cord, a hank of generic rope, and some duct tape

Early twenties here.

Walking on Sunshine

Turning 60 next month. Been unknowingly "prepping" since I was a kid when parents and grandparents taught us all to have extra's on hand for emergencies When pop's father passed, we went to clear out the house as grandmother had Alzheimer's and Dad's sis was taking her down to Florida to live with her. We didn't realize how much food was in the basement pantry. Sorry to say but most of the canned goods had to be tossed due to cans bulging, it was that old. We did manage to salvage a few things Grandpa bought just before he passed.Don't know how he came across them but we had lots of the 2lb canned hams and my favorite Spam.