Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I have more free time...

Quote Originally Posted by ditchmedic View Post
    This contest is rigged. Did eagle show ID before he voted?
    The place I used to do this particular eval had them welded down....but I recognize the potential!

Claims to have NEVER worn pink. Likely story.

lmao... that's awesome... Yeah, if worst came to worst id have the engine crew dig us out... However, they have the jaws so that's pointless in the real world... Good lesson on treating patients and extrication in odd scenarios...
    It is, of course, obvious that speed, or height of fall, is not in itself injurious ... but a high rate of change of velocity, such as occurs after a 10 story fall onto concrete, is another matter.

CC Gray Panther
    I do what I can with what I got.

Thats just one of the scenarios I used to pull. Had to change them from class to class, though: Otherwise the students would hear about it and think they could game the system.

Another was rescue off a 'boat' in the middle of a swimming pool....Auto fail for any FF who went into the water wearing turnouts, even though the water was only knee deep. They were warned.

And I'd try to get to a wrecking yard and actually take some crap apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Fidel MD View Post
    Thats just one of the scenarios I used to pull. Had to change them from class to class, though: Otherwise the students would hear about it and think they could game the system.

Another was rescue off a 'boat' in the middle of a swimming pool....Auto fail for any FF who went into the water wearing turnouts, even though the water was only knee deep. They were warned.

And I'd try to get to a wrecking yard and actually take some crap apart.
    Thank god you aren't my instructor... LOL...
    It is, of course, obvious that speed, or height of fall, is not in itself injurious ... but a high rate of change of velocity, such as occurs after a 10 story fall onto concrete, is another matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Twitchy View Post
    Thank god you aren't my instructor... LOL...

You are unformed! I will make you SMART. YOU WILL NOT LIKE ME. I DO NOT CARE. WHEN YOU LEAVE MY CARE YOU WILL BE QUALIFIED TO TREAT MY CHILD!

You should see my Lee Ermy in a white coat! Hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by Fidel MD View Post
    You are unformed! I will make you SMART. YOU WILL NOT LIKE ME. I DO NOT CARE. WHEN YOU LEAVE MY CARE YOU WILL BE QUALIFIED TO TREAT MY CHILD!

You should see my Lee Ermy in a white coat! Hilarious!
    My interest is certainly peaked!

Thats the standard I train students to. The standard I demand they meet. If you can't work on my family, why should I let anyone elses' be threatened?