Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ebola virus circulating in Guinea is new strain

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...0N94AE20140417

Guinea's government had previously placed the death toll at 106. The health ministry said on Tuesday that the number of new cases had fallen rapidly and the outbreak was nearly under control.

A senior health ministry official told Reuters on Thursday the government planned to stop publicly releasing the death toll to avoid causing unnecessary panic.
    That's just awesome.

Where's the epi?

Quote Originally Posted by FL-Jeeper View Post
    My mistake. It wasn't Illinois, it was Canada.

https://news.yahoo.com/video/canada-...121519594.html

Edited to add:

Aaaand they say it's not Ebola. Hope it isn't another case of "false positive".

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/26/he...larm.html?_r=0
    Just another reason to self quarantine and stay out of cities. They will never tell the truth in a mass panic situation.
    I apologize for nothing...

Claims to have NEVER worn pink. Likely story.

Quote Originally Posted by ladyhk13 View Post
    Just another reason to self quarantine and stay out of cities. They will never tell the truth in a mass panic situation.
    With Ebola you don't need the truth, its pretty self evident...

Though, this is seriously concerning... Fidel, what do you think the reasoning is that they wouldn't publish info? What is different from the other outbreaks?
    It is, of course, obvious that speed, or height of fall, is not in itself injurious ... but a high rate of change of velocity, such as occurs after a 10 story fall onto concrete, is another matter.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Soooo............ starting to keep a closer eye on this. Now that they've brought it back here, I'm starting to worry a tad more. With all the recent blunders as the CDC, I don't really trust them to not screw this up.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Bacon saver

I see "Walking Dead" happening all over again. Start a little outbreak in Atlanta......major hub for airlines, shit spreads like wildfire. Long incubation period. LadyHK and I were discussing that.....As for it only being a "fluid borne" pathogen. Try again, cough, cough, sneeze, spray, need we say more. I wonder why they were wearing full body suits? "Just an added precaution ma'am" like the fat bastard Johnnie rent a cop that was all over the ambulance when it got there, where was his "PPE"? But hey, he was in control of the situation, I saw him get his bullet out of his shirt pocket he was ready man! I was expecting full blown MOP gear......just another day at the office. "Two guys in poopy suits, package arrived, roger out"

Anyway what better town to start it.....Atlanta right? You've already seen how great they are with traffic "snow storm" it will be instant chaos, you think anyone in THAT town is going to listen to authority? Really? Rats on a sinking ship............so let's just keep it contained fellas, eh?
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

I'll most likely shit myself

I can't believe how stupid they are to bring that shit here intentionally. And to not have full containment on top of that. What next just put them in a open ward with a bunch of other people and see how quick they can spread it.
    If the CDC does like they have been recently, I give it 3 to 5 weeks before it takes off. Wont that make labor day travel nice?

Where's the epi?

Am watching news right now. Did you know that there is a Dr. In Tn who has self quarantined himself because he has Ebola? Where in the heck did he get it and why is he being allowed to stay at home??? CDC should haul him in and try getting a vaccine using his body just like they are with this other doc and nurse. What happens if some family member shows up and he pukes or bleeds on them? Wtf? Gotta try to find out who this guy is.
    I apologize for nothing...

I'll most likely shit myself

I just read that on another forum. He lives in Morristown, tn. Apparently he was not/is not showing any symptoms and has completely isolated himself in his home. He said he contacted the CDC and gave them a full run down when he arrived there sometime in mid July.

I have a question. They say that Ebola can't be transmitted by coughing and such. Yet in its later stages it makes you bleed. So my question is this. At that couple of day stage of "flu like" symptoms when you are coughing will you not be coughing up small specks of blood into the air?
    It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Quote Originally Posted by Possom View Post
    I have a question. They say that Ebola can't be transmitted by coughing and such. Yet in its later stages it makes you bleed. So my question is this. At that couple of day stage of "flu like" symptoms when you are coughing will you not be coughing up small specks of blood into the air?
    What they mean is that it is not an "airborne" virus. Coughing itself isnt able to spread it, but say you cough,and saliva, blood or other body fluid comes out. Coming into contact with the fluid is what runs the risk of infecting others.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.