Thread: Gasoline storage?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Now that the price of gasoline has fallen nationwide and even here in California (average price $3.12 right now) I recently filled my cars with the older fuel, some of which was purchased at over $4 a gallon with fuel I purchased at at $2.93. From what most of you on here are posting, I may start taking a bit longer before rotating, perhaps waiting about 4 months before I use the the first five gallons. That would mean it will be a little over 18 months in storage for the oldest fuel.

Quote Originally Posted by Socalman View Post
    Now that the price of gasoline has fallen nationwide and even here in California (average price $3.12 right now) I recently filled my cars with the older fuel, some of which was purchased at over $4 a gallon with fuel I purchased at at $2.93. From what most of you on here are posting, I may start taking a bit longer before rotating, perhaps waiting about 4 months before I use the the first five gallons. That would mean it will be a little over 18 months in storage for the oldest fuel.
    There is more than one reason we are called the left coast. Yes, I know about the coming taxes. I have written to state senators and assembly reps. Of course NOT ONE has responded with anything other than a form letter saying "..thank you for contacting me and be assured I will do my best to represent your views." BS