Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gasoline storage?

For the Love of Cats

I do up my mixed gas 5 gallons at a time. lasts me two years (or more) and I have never had a problem running any of my small motors. 2 outboards (4hp), chainsaw, weed wacker, tiller, ice auger, water pumps, etc.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Has been known to look at Izzy's trunk. Stares at the junk in Izzy's trunk. Get it...he's checking out Izzy's trunk.

I rotate my gas at least once a year, sometimes twice and have never had any issues. I dont add additives.
    “The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.” ~ G.K. Chesterton

Now that the price of gasoline has fallen nationwide and even here in California (average price $3.12 right now) I recently filled my cars with the older fuel, some of which was purchased at over $4 a gallon with fuel I purchased at at $2.93. From what most of you on here are posting, I may start taking a bit longer before rotating, perhaps waiting about 4 months before I use the the first five gallons. That would mean it will be a little over 18 months in storage for the oldest fuel.

Do you have a robot?
    Socalman remember starting January 1st we on the left coast get to start paying for carbon credits...........so gas will be taxed at least 10 cents a gallon more however most are saying between 15 and 20 cents. Don't ya just love it here.....

For the Love of Cats

Gas is dropping here now too. Lotsa places at .98c/litre.

Sadly, that is still about 3.75/US Gallon.

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Wow, we are well below 2.50 a gallon here.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

I'll most likely shit myself

Best I've seen in last week is 2.52. 100% is down to 3.00 good time to rotate so ks if you need, or add to storage.

Quote Originally Posted by Socalman View Post
    Now that the price of gasoline has fallen nationwide and even here in California (average price $3.12 right now) I recently filled my cars with the older fuel, some of which was purchased at over $4 a gallon with fuel I purchased at at $2.93. From what most of you on here are posting, I may start taking a bit longer before rotating, perhaps waiting about 4 months before I use the the first five gallons. That would mean it will be a little over 18 months in storage for the oldest fuel.
    There is more than one reason we are called the left coast. Yes, I know about the coming taxes. I have written to state senators and assembly reps. Of course NOT ONE has responded with anything other than a form letter saying "..thank you for contacting me and be assured I will do my best to represent your views." BS

I have still yet to grow a brain
    $1.83 here in Colorado at some locations. My suggestion to you Socalman is simple. Fill your vehicle up at home and refill your tanks at the station. Constant rotation is the best method.

For the Love of Cats

Down to about .80/litre here... time to start filling jugs. I have a 50 gallon diesel tank, that is 'empty'. If I give it a quick rinse with gas would I have issues?