Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Gasoline storage?

For the Love of Cats

By keeping the suburban full you have the ultimate in rotated stored gas, if EMP, it is now storage that you can siphon out.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Heh. Back in the 73 gas crisis a family friend decided to keep a large supply of gas on hand at home. Los Angeles law prohibits storing more than 10 (I think) gallons at home...and should a fire break out, having more than 10 could result in insurance not covering....

So, he bought a clapped out VW bus, gutted the interior, had a large (500 gallon) tank fabricated for the interior, had the vehicle parked at home and then filled it. As long as he maintained the registration on the bus, it was legal.

Bacon saver

Quote Originally Posted by Fidel MD View Post
    Heh. Back in the 73 gas crisis a family friend decided to keep a large supply of gas on hand at home. Los Angeles law prohibits storing more than 10 (I think) gallons at home...and should a fire break out, having more than 10 could result in insurance not covering....

So, he bought a clapped out VW bus, gutted the interior, had a large (500 gallon) tank fabricated for the interior, had the vehicle parked at home and then filled it. As long as he maintained the registration on the bus, it was legal.
    I'm laughing right now......didn't know LA had rednecks. At's how to out smart them buggers. Improvise, adapt and overcome, screw'em!
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

Amazing set up. Are you looking to expand further?

For the Love of Cats

Welcome aboard Kamber.!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Bacon saver

Quote Originally Posted by Kamber View Post
    Amazing set up. Are you looking to expand further?
    Hey a new member! Welcome aboard! Don't mind me I'm the local curmudgeon.....or maybe one of the nut cases.
    OK I have to ask about your question and what/which post were exactly are you referring to?

There are many and lots to learn from on here we need some fresh meat, er uh, new members to the site. Glad you're here! Pick your poison.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

CC Gray Panther
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownwater Riverrat 13 View Post
    Hey a new member! Welcome aboard! Don't mind me I'm the local curmudgeon.....or maybe one of the nut cases.
    OK I have to ask about your question and what/which post were exactly are you referring to?

There are many and lots to learn from on here we need some fresh meat, er uh, new members to the site. Glad you're here! Pick your poison.
    Kamber
    B.W.R.R. isn't a nut case . It's just that the universe hasn't caught up to him yet. Obey his wisdom and pray his doesn't channel his Boatswain attitude . Who am I kidding ; B.W.R.R. is Boatswain 24/7. Now as for me I'm you kind caring favorite uncle and the only true sane member of this Ant family ; Well other than Grumpy Old Man.

Welcome and may your stay here be fruitful .
    Last edited by eagle326; 09-26-2017 at 03:33 PM.

I'll most likely shit myself

Welcome to the forum Kamber. There is some good folks on here. Most are half crazed, including the two above posters. But to me this site is as close to family as any I have been on.

Just rotated 5 gallons that I had treated with Stabil 26 months ago into my Ford Expedition. No problems, the engine continues to run strongly.

may be in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by Socalman View Post
    Just rotated 5 gallons that I had treated with Stabil 26 months ago into my Ford Expedition. No problems, the engine continues to run strongly.
    How much Stabil was added to the 5 gallons? and will varying the amounts of the Stabil extend or shorten the lifetime of the gasoline?

I'm presently the perfect neutral on this, inasmuch as I own no vehicle. A matter that will be rectified within 1Q2018, you may be sure, Heaven willing, the creek don't rise, and S holds off HTF.

The observant and surly

Kesephist

A/k/a KI7CIL