Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gasoline storage?

Gasoline storage?

I have a few cans of fuel stored, always enough to fill the tank if needed. I store them in a shed away from the home.

I use Stabil as the preservative for the fuel. Just wondering if folks here know of another, possibly better way to preserve the fuel.

BTW, I use 5 gallons every 3 months in the car and then refill that can with fresh fuel. At that rate, my oldest gas is only about 12 months old.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

I just store it in the shed. Never put anything in them and they last a very long time. Had fuel over 2 years old that ran just fine with no stabil. Heck my old chainsaw had fuel in it for the last 4 years and I cranked it up last week no issues. I think it takes a lot longer than most people think for fuel to go bad.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

I'll most likely shit myself

I only store 100% fuel and treat it with Stabil. My stepdad had a tank of ethanol go bad over the winter. So YMMV, but 100% and treated with either Stabil or PriG will give you the best chances. I typically rotate my unused fuel every fall, but I use enough thru the year that is a small amount.

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

I don't add anything but l rotate my fuel every 6 months (Jan/July) l keep it in the garage for now but will move it to the new shed once completed.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    OP, sounds like your doing it the way I would.
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

Pri-G is the best, but Stabil and Sea Foam are also very good. Stock up now because very shortly the prices are going to skyrocket.
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

I'll most likely shit myself

The price of fuel was a big topic on the MSN Friday night. If they are saying it, you know it's a done deal. I filled the vehicles an topped of my 100% storage fuel this weekend. All i like now is one 5 gallon can of diesel.

For the Love of Cats

I use Seafoam, and have kept gas for 2+ years. I don't know about a shortage, but the oil companies are certainly giving us a good gouge up here right now.
    Prices up 11c/l in the last week-ish.
    (That is almost .50c per gallon.)
    bastards!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Thanks for the replies!

I have never heard of Pri-G. I will check and see if it is a product available here in the PRC. (People's Republik of Calyfornia). I have heard of Sea Foam but do not recall seeing it anywhere.

Go to your local airport and buy some 100LL. It's about $5.75 a gallon but never goes bad.