Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 61

Thread: Gasoline storage?

  1. #51
    For the Love of Cats

    Sniper-T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The Great White North!
    Posts
    8,707
    Thanks (Given)
    575
    Thanks (Received)
    740
    Likes (Given)
    2452
    Likes (Received)
    4638
    Dislikes (Given)
    0
    Dislikes (Received)
    2
    By keeping the suburban full you have the ultimate in rotated stored gas, if EMP, it is now storage that you can siphon out.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

    Cat's are food... not friends!

    If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

  2. #52
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Northwest quadrosphere, SOL-3
    Posts
    347
    Thanks (Given)
    1
    Thanks (Received)
    88
    Likes (Given)
    3
    Likes (Received)
    191
    Dislikes (Given)
    1
    Dislikes (Received)
    0
    Heh. Back in the 73 gas crisis a family friend decided to keep a large supply of gas on hand at home. Los Angeles law prohibits storing more than 10 (I think) gallons at home...and should a fire break out, having more than 10 could result in insurance not covering....

    So, he bought a clapped out VW bus, gutted the interior, had a large (500 gallon) tank fabricated for the interior, had the vehicle parked at home and then filled it. As long as he maintained the registration on the bus, it was legal.

  3. #53
    Bacon saver
    Brownwater Riverrat 13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    2,197
    Thanks (Given)
    507
    Thanks (Received)
    441
    Likes (Given)
    1141
    Likes (Received)
    1476
    Dislikes (Given)
    3
    Dislikes (Received)
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Fidel MD View Post
    Heh. Back in the 73 gas crisis a family friend decided to keep a large supply of gas on hand at home. Los Angeles law prohibits storing more than 10 (I think) gallons at home...and should a fire break out, having more than 10 could result in insurance not covering....

    So, he bought a clapped out VW bus, gutted the interior, had a large (500 gallon) tank fabricated for the interior, had the vehicle parked at home and then filled it. As long as he maintained the registration on the bus, it was legal.
    I'm laughing right now......didn't know LA had rednecks. At's how to out smart them buggers. Improvise, adapt and overcome, screw'em!
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

  4. #54
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Dislikes (Given)
    0
    Dislikes (Received)
    0
    Amazing set up. Are you looking to expand further?

  5. #55
    For the Love of Cats

    Sniper-T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The Great White North!
    Posts
    8,707
    Thanks (Given)
    575
    Thanks (Received)
    740
    Likes (Given)
    2452
    Likes (Received)
    4638
    Dislikes (Given)
    0
    Dislikes (Received)
    2
    Welcome aboard Kamber.!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

    Cat's are food... not friends!

    If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

  6. #56
    Bacon saver
    Brownwater Riverrat 13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    2,197
    Thanks (Given)
    507
    Thanks (Received)
    441
    Likes (Given)
    1141
    Likes (Received)
    1476
    Dislikes (Given)
    3
    Dislikes (Received)
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamber View Post
    Amazing set up. Are you looking to expand further?
    Hey a new member! Welcome aboard! Don't mind me I'm the local curmudgeon.....or maybe one of the nut cases.
    OK I have to ask about your question and what/which post were exactly are you referring to?

    There are many and lots to learn from on here we need some fresh meat, er uh, new members to the site. Glad you're here! Pick your poison.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

  7. #57
    CC Gray Panther
    eagle326's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Ohio surrounded by farm land
    Posts
    1,862
    Thanks (Given)
    575
    Thanks (Received)
    279
    Likes (Given)
    2227
    Likes (Received)
    1247
    Dislikes (Given)
    2
    Dislikes (Received)
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownwater Riverrat 13 View Post
    Hey a new member! Welcome aboard! Don't mind me I'm the local curmudgeon.....or maybe one of the nut cases.
    OK I have to ask about your question and what/which post were exactly are you referring to?

    There are many and lots to learn from on here we need some fresh meat, er uh, new members to the site. Glad you're here! Pick your poison.
    Kamber
    B.W.R.R. isn't a nut case . It's just that the universe hasn't caught up to him yet. Obey his wisdom and pray his doesn't channel his Boatswain attitude . Who am I kidding ; B.W.R.R. is Boatswain 24/7. Now as for me I'm you kind caring favorite uncle and the only true sane member of this Ant family ; Well other than Grumpy Old Man.

    Welcome and may your stay here be fruitful .
    Last edited by eagle326; 09-26-2017 at 03:33 PM.

  8. #58
    I'll most likely shit myself


    bacpacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    East Tennessee
    Posts
    7,149
    Thanks (Given)
    1569
    Thanks (Received)
    614
    Likes (Given)
    7806
    Likes (Received)
    2065
    Dislikes (Given)
    1
    Dislikes (Received)
    1
    Welcome to the forum Kamber. There is some good folks on here. Most are half crazed, including the two above posters. But to me this site is as close to family as any I have been on.

  9. #59
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    near Pasadena, Ca.
    Posts
    375
    Thanks (Given)
    60
    Thanks (Received)
    48
    Likes (Given)
    98
    Likes (Received)
    210
    Dislikes (Given)
    0
    Dislikes (Received)
    0
    Just rotated 5 gallons that I had treated with Stabil 26 months ago into my Ford Expedition. No problems, the engine continues to run strongly.

  10. #60
    may be in trouble

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Mid-South TN
    Posts
    589
    Thanks (Given)
    43
    Thanks (Received)
    75
    Likes (Given)
    100
    Likes (Received)
    235
    Dislikes (Given)
    7
    Dislikes (Received)
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Socalman View Post
    Just rotated 5 gallons that I had treated with Stabil 26 months ago into my Ford Expedition. No problems, the engine continues to run strongly.
    How much Stabil was added to the 5 gallons? and will varying the amounts of the Stabil extend or shorten the lifetime of the gasoline?

    I'm presently the perfect neutral on this, inasmuch as I own no vehicle. A matter that will be rectified within 1Q2018, you may be sure, Heaven willing, the creek don't rise, and S holds off HTF.

    The observant and surly

    Kesephist

    A/k/a KI7CIL

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •