Thread: It's plum season...

For the Love of Cats

It's plum season...

All the wild plum trees are hanging heavy:

Now aside from Jam, anyone have any other recipes to use these nutritional tidbits? I'm not a big fan of just eating them off the trees, but it seems like such a waste to not use them. I have hundreds of trees...
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Wow, ours are not even ready yet. We just snack on them off the trees, so no help to you there.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

My methley plums fell off the trees, so I got none.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

I'll most likely shit myself

Wow! Thats a bunch of plums. I love eatin them fresh. Jelly is awesome to. I need to plant some.

AK, I feel your pain. One of my pear trees had a buch on it (first crop). Something cleaned it off before they even got ripe. Pissed me off!

We had a very late, 30 minute freeze after everything was producing. Lost peaches to birds, plums and pears to the freeze, as well as some of our taters back in late march.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

I'll most likely shit myself

This has been a hard year for gardening. Rains spread way out, bugs have been bad.

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    This has been a hard year for gardening. Rains spread way out, bugs have been bad.
    No kidding, I've got some super ugly, but very tasty tomatoes, my zucchini is making like 1 at a time, cucumbers suck this year, my cherry tomatoes are out of control, we've probably gotten 600-800 off of 6 plants with no sign of slowing down, Cherokee purples are not making, black prince, and black Krim are making slow and not too many, celebrity tomatoes are not impressive, and rats have been eating little chunks the size of a golf ball out of my super tasty watermelons and cantaloupes. Mr. rat bit the dust along with his brothers and sisters, but there will be more I'm sure.

For the Love of Cats

Ak. it sounds like you are describing my gardens. cukes: meh. Zuc's: meh. Cherries: gangbusters. regular tomatoes: ok. cabbage, beets, corn, peppers: ok. beans: quite good. okra: just starting. Lettuce: ok. everything else: meh.

Yeah BP, been a tough year.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.