Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Strawberries

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

These plants where just planted this year, and I got a few strawberries off it, but now not getting any berries, but the plants are going crazy with growth.

[IMG][/IMG]
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Katrina View Post
    Ok all, need some help. Some of the leaves on our strawberry plants are turning red. Da Hubs isn't sure what's wrong but as he won't be back for awhile I've been keeping an eye on the garden, weeding watering, although as it's been raining for the last week , off and on,so I'm not watering a lot. Brussels (now that bunny has stopped eating the leaves), peas, carrots, maters and peppers are ok, Have all but one of the squash plants blossoming now. It's the strawberries I'm concerned with. Any suggestions?
    Red leaves typically are a sign of disease, or old plants that are on their way to the strawberry patch in the sky. Either way odds are you won't get a harvest from these ones and they should be trimmed away.

S'berries don't like wet roots, and take care to space plants appropriately. Hopefully you can salvage the rest of your plants!

Walking on Sunshine

CS,
    Thank you will have DH trim them. They were supposedly new plants when he bought them. they are in a raised bed , mulched but with all the rain we've been having the roots could be too wet. I'll let DH know. We have one berry on one of the plants right now. Hopefully Bunny won't get it.

Walking on Sunshine

Well the bun-bun got the one berry , I told DH about the leaves. He went out and cut the red ones out. Plants look much healthier now. The brussell's are doing great can't wait till the fall to get my sprouts. Our peas didn't do so good , hubs thinks between all the rain and the mulch he used, they drowned. The peppers are gone too but the tomatoes, Carrots, onions and squash are coming in great.
    Thanks for the advice on the berries,CS much appreciated. Found plans to build lean-to greenhouse, hopefully we can get it built before winter.