Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Heard an interesting conversation on the HF band this morning

For the Love of Cats

Now that! makes me reconsider this whole thing...
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Me and RATboy tried QSO, kinda.. I was sending CW but he couldnt respond, then he sent phone, but I couldnt respond! It was like the two stooges! Anywho... I could hear over the phone, his G5RV was surely picking up a lot more than my hamstick dipole, which is at best... a shit antenna.

I hope to rebuild a new vertical and get it operational this month, Im pretty sure I still have some wire left. Roll a new BALUN and be up and running easy peasy (yeah, right..) Were going to try again when I get my GOOD antenna up, and Im trolling QRLid forums to find out what mic will be a good suit for my TenTec.

Cheers..
    EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

Bacon saver

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    If I had... would you actually hear me?

I remember as a kid pulling the BBC in on my Ghetto blaster on shortwave on a crisp night.
    WHAT!!!!!! YOU GOT GEAR AND YOU AIN'T SAID SHIT? Please tell me I misread the post.........

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    Chirp chirp!

I took a good look at my grapes over the weekend. I think I can tear out one pole on the arbor and replace it with my new one soon. Once i do that and cut a big limb out of a tree for my other end mount, the would allow me to start putting my antenna up. Maybe not a lot longer.
    I didn't know Crickets could feel guilt..............ribbit, ribbit.......squeek.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

Bacon saver

Quote Originally Posted by ElevenBravo View Post
    Me and RATboy tried QSO, kinda.. I was sending CW but he couldnt respond, then he sent phone, but I couldnt respond! It was like the two stooges! Anywho... I could hear over the phone, his G5RV was surely picking up a lot more than my hamstick dipole, which is at best... a shit antenna.

I hope to rebuild a new vertical and get it operational this month, Im pretty sure I still have some wire left. Roll a new BALUN and be up and running easy peasy (yeah, right..) Were going to try again when I get my GOOD antenna up, and Im trolling QRLid forums to find out what mic will be a good suit for my TenTec.

Cheers..
    EB
    Yeah it was just like old times' "Where's my extraction? We're at the LZ damn it! Where's my fuckin extraction!" .........."Nothing heard....out......" Well hey we're trying and making noise, last night might have been better things were real clear. But the atmosphere has control over that. Good antennas make a difference too. I call an "A" for effort and a "C" for contact.......we made noise.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

For the Love of Cats

Yeah, you misread the post.

If I had... --> If I had gear (which I dont)

and I don't have that ghetto blaster anymore, nor anything else with the shortwave bands.

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Y'all need to start transmitting on AM so I can listen. Lol. Y'all get right on that you can call it KSHTF AM
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

Hell, at least I could hear ya rat, you were deep in the mud but I heard ya!

Just ordered a Cobra CB mic, Mac off QRLid says the impd. will match up FB on the TenTec!! Just gotta wire it is all.. Hope to put the new 'tenna up Sun if Im not too busy cutting wood for at the range (looking forward to shooing 100y on a private range!!)

EB
    "AR - America's Rifle"

For the Love of Cats

I know there is another thread with them, but can someone show a pic of their tower/antenae? I'm wondering if my internet tower could be used...

Show me a pic of your internet tower (whatever the hell that is...) and Ill give you my opinion.

EB
    "AR - America's Rifle"

For the Love of Cats

stand by...